Best way to tie down an outhouse?

Started by Erin, November 10, 2008, 01:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitlock

Quote from: MountainDon on November 11, 2008, 01:02:41 PM
Better that than a black widow on the.. uh... family jewels.

>:(

Don are you not telling us something that happend to you ???
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

MountainDon

I have not personally had the experience.

In an online article posted by a doctor in the nearby town of Grants, NM, he confirmed that he treats a number of black widow bites every year, with most of them having occurred in outhouses.
http://robingallup.com/2008/07/03/the-outhouse/
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

cordwood

The spider problem is easiest to control with a directional aid in place. A quick spray now and again helps keep them away from the human contact area and spiders like corners over circular open areas also you have a smaller area to patrol for hostiles ;).
I like the plastic trash cans as they have a better "self cleaning" affect over steel drums with horizontal features and the tops of trash cans have a built in mounting surface around the rim.
Another feature I have come to appreciate over the years is a tall insulated roof, A hot tin roof just above your head when you become a victim of some over heated ice chest food can be miserable :(
I cut it three times and it's still too short.

Jens

you could always just glue it down with some...oh, well, nevermind!
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

firefox

We've pretty much decided against deadmen, though.
Don't want any obstacles when someone is trooping out to the necessary in the dark... 

Good point, especially if they fell in...

You could put a one wire guard rail around it to warn people off
if you felt like it.

Just thinking quick and dirty until you get a chance to put in the permanent one.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Redoverfarm

Quote from: cordwood on November 11, 2008, 01:41:23 PM
The spider problem is easiest to control with a directional aid in place. A quick spray now and again helps keep them away from the human contact area and spiders like corners over circular open areas also you have a smaller area to patrol for hostiles ;).

Are you saying to miss the hole on purpose to get the spiders. rofl rofl

cordwood

Quote from: Redoverfarm on November 11, 2008, 03:57:08 PM

You still have to hit the hole, But a quick "strafe" around the perimeter might help keep unfriendlies at bay ??? [scared]
I cut it three times and it's still too short.

Whitlock

Quote from: Redoverfarm on November 11, 2008, 03:57:08 PM

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

JRR

?? Best way to tie down an outhouse?

Hmmm.  Buttresses, I think.  Just right for Cathedrals and other buildings of meditation.