A Thanksgiving Project Using Some Scrap Lumber . . .

Started by bayview, December 04, 2010, 03:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayview

I needed a project to keep busy over Thanksgiving.   I had about a dozen scrap 2x4s about 3 ft long and a ½ sheet of ¼" plywood.   I ripped the 2x4s with the table saw and ran them through the planer.   Glued up a few for the top bottom and doors.   Legs are 2/4s cut in half and run through the planer.   Ran a few through the table saw for the dados for the sides and back.   Stained with chesnut and 3 coats of satin poly . . .   I did have to spend some money on hardware.   Handles, hinges and drawer slides.

/.

. . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

diyfrank

Home is where you make it

Ernest T. Bass

Some nice looking scrap you've got there, bayview! Did you use plans or anything?

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

bayview

Quote from: Ernest T. Bass on December 04, 2010, 08:25:27 PM
Some nice looking scrap you've got there, bayview! Did you use plans or anything?

Thanks for the positive comments . . .    I didn't have any plans but, I wanted a simple - country look . . .   I didn't notice until I looked at the picture . . .    Next time I will try to match the grain on the doors a little better.

Maybe some nightstands and a headboard next.

Cleaning up the garage - workshop this weekend.   Adding some more interior florescent lights and some outside motion-detection lights. . .  

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

StinkerBell