Another terror alert..Is anyone falling for this?

Started by peternap, September 28, 2010, 08:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

http://news.oldva.org/?p=59089

Editorial:Old Virginia News
Headline
Credible But Not Specific' Threat of New Terrorist Attack
Officials in Europe, US on High Alert for Commando-Style Raids After Capture of Suspected German Terrorist

Reality:

There was once a shepherd-boy who kept his flock at a little distance from the village. Once he thought he would play a trick on the villagers and have some fun at their expense. So he ran toward the village crying out, with all his might,–

"Wolf! Wolf! Come and help! The wolves are at my lambs!"

The kind villagers left their work and ran to the field to help him. But when they got there the boy laughed at them for their pains; there was no wolf there.

Still another day the boy tried the same trick, and the villagers came running to help and got laughed at again. Then one day a wolf did break into the fold and began killing the lambs. In great fright, the boy ran for help. "Wolf! Wolf!" he screamed. "There is a wolf in the flock! Help!"

The villagers heard him, but they thought it was another mean trick; no one paid the least attention, or went near him. And the shepherd-boy lost all his sheep.

That is the kind of thing that happens to people who lie: even when they tell the truth no one believes them.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Shawn B

It is election season.....so they have to trot out the "Al-Qaida (Al-C.I.A.ida) threat". Would not surprise me if one of the Osama's doesn't make a new tape. Who really believes this crap anymore.  rofl Of course "they" might do another false flag shock and awe event to unite the sheeple behind the so called "Commander and Chief". Osama is a medical miracle, how may years can one stay on dialysis without a kidney transfer? [waiting]
"The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule." Samuel Adams

bayview

Crying Wolf?

It seems that they have a German suspect in custody. 

"The captured German reportedly said several teams of attackers, all with European passports, had been trained and dispatched from training camps in Waziristan and Pakistan."

Seems credible enough for an alert . . .    When should an alert be raised?   After the event?

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

peternap

Quote from: bayview on September 29, 2010, 05:57:41 AM

Crying Wolf?

"The captured German reportedly said several teams of attackers, all with European passports, had been trained and dispatched from training camps in Waziristan and Pakistan."

Seems credible enough for an alert . . .    When should an alert be raised?   After the event?

/.

They always have somebody in custody....or have seen increased chatter on the net...or had credible nightmares.
They probably have some poor tourist that was taking pictures of graffiti on a water tower.

They go high alert every time Obama's polls drop (Which is every day).
They probably go up a notch on the alert pole, every time Glenn makes a post rofl
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

dug

Our fearless leaders are working on a bill to allow them to access internet messaging (to fight terrorism of course), this should help boost public support. I expect more of the same in the coming months.

MountainDon

Here's a basic question.

Does anyone else believe there are people out there who really do wish to cause people of the west harm?

People who wish to kill us just because we are who we are and who we are not.

People with radical Islamic roots?

Or is that all an invention of governments?
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

SardonicSmile

Quote from: MountainDon on September 29, 2010, 09:34:04 AM
Here's a basic question.

Does anyone else believe there are people out there who really do wish to cause people of the west harm?

If there werent before we attacked the middle east, there sure are now.

NM_Shooter

No Don.  All attacks against the west have been solely perpetrated by the CIA, under the direct supervision of Bush and Cheney.  Including Pearl Harbor, the Alamo, and all Indian attacks against Plymouth Colony.

All extremist Muslim attacks are ONLY in response to the fact that the US is the worst country to ever have existed.  If we were to just start being nice, perhaps exhibit this intent by electing a Muslim president who vowed change, all of the Muslims in the world would immediately give up their Jihaads and nuclear weapons programs and run around with daisies... singing kumbaya and waving American flags.  Because we know that they are not influenced by propaganda either. 

Baaaahhhhhh   Raaaaammmmm    Ewwwwwe.....  (one of my favorite movies!)
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Windpower

The audio is messed up in the beginning but is ok after 10 minutes or so, C-Span

"By way of deception thou shalt do war"

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/202123-1

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

dug

QuoteHere's a basic question.

Posted on: Today at 04:28:37 AM Posted by

Don I'm sure you are right on all those points, but as Peternap said- once the boy cries wolf several times its tough to believe him even if the wolf really is lurking.

You may not agree but I'm convinced there is no doubt that false flag terrorist operations have been carried out by ours, and other governments in the past. Jaded as it may sound, when I hear "terrorist alert!" the first thing I think is - what's their agenda this time?

Shawn B

Quote from: MountainDon on September 29, 2010, 09:34:04 AM
Here's a basic question.

There are some "real" terrorist......read the book "Blowback". But the ones that do the most damage are the gov't sponsored, gov't handled, or the just plain military/intelligence organization/shadow gov't operatives who commit crimes and blame the terrorist groups. By gov't, I don't always mean the U.S. gov't either.

QuotePeople who wish to kill us just because we are who we are and who we are not.

I don not think there is a decent modern example of wars, conflicts, etc being started because of the above statement.

"The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule." Samuel Adams

peternap

Of course there are people that want to harm us Don.
The terror alerts don't have anything to do with them IMO.

I wouldn't go so far as calling false alerts or exaggerated alerts, false flag operations, they are more good PR work.
When the President needs a terrorist bill passed, call an alert. Need to spend another trillion, call an alert. Need public cooperation with reading their mail, we're on high alert.

When I worked on a Federal Fugitive Task Force, we only went after certain criminals. If good press was needed to get funding for a drug operation, we went after high profile drug dealers. If we needed money for fraud investigations or stings, go after the gypsy paver that cleaned out a 90 year old widows life savings.

Remember the old government propaganda movies about Marijuana. That's what reefer madness was.

Scare tactics have always been a pretty effective way of stretching the Constitution a little.

MountainDon

I actually don't let whatever color the terror alert is at affect me one way or the other. There probably isn't much going on that I am going to run into in my day to day life.

However, it bothers me that many folks seem discount the idea that there are others who harbor evil towards us. And to elaborate a little, by "us" I do not simply mean we who live in the USA. I include others living in countries with similar values, ways of life; the western or westernized world which encompasses a large number of countries. Some of those may be more or less friendly with us living in the USA.

I don't see every hostile or potentially hostile act as one that was generated by some government agency. Not necessarily ours.

As for the statement of mine "(Are there not) people who wish to kill us just because we are who we are and who we are not."
and the response, "I do not think there is a decent modern example of wars, conflicts, etc being started because of the above statement."....

1979 Tehran US Embassy seizure.  
Lebanon, 70's thru 90's.  
Kuwait, early 80's; US Embassy bombing.  
1993 World Trade Center.  
1998 Kenya and Tanzania US Embassy bombings.  
2001; 9/11
Those were attacks that are part of a conflict with us.

IF the wider definition of "us" (given above) is used then there are many more examples.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Shawn B

Quote from: MountainDon on September 29, 2010, 01:59:01 PM
I actually don't let whatever color the terror alert is at affect me one way or the other. There probably isn't much going on that I am going to run into in my day to day life.

However, it bothers me that many folks seem discount the idea that there are others who harbor evil towards us. And to elaborate a little, by "us" I do not simply mean we who live in the USA. I include others living in countries with similar values, ways of life; the western or westernized world which encompasses a large number of countries. Some of those may be more or less friendly with us living in the USA.

I don't see every hostile or potentially hostile act as one that was generated by some government agency. Not necessarily ours.

As for the statement of mine "(Are there not) people who wish to kill us just because we are who we are and who we are not."
and the response, "I do not think there is a decent modern example of wars, conflicts, etc being started because of the above statement."....

Lebanon, 70's thru 90's.  
1993 World Trade Center.  
2001; 9/11
Those were attacks that are part of a conflict with us.

IF the wider definition of "us" (given above) is used then there are many more examples.

This was caused by blowback from the the 1953 C.I.A. coup that ousted  Mohammed Mossadegh

Lebanon, 70's thru 90's. 

Civil War along with the outcome of Israeli bombings and interventions

Kuwait? (Gulf War I/Desert Storm) A inter Arab war between Iraq and Kuwait. The Iraqis caught the Kuwaitis slant drilling on the border and stealing Iraqi oil so they invaded to secure the resource to help pay the debt of the Iraq/Iran War. (Which the U.S. purposely caused to last longer than it should have by supplying arms and intelligence to both sides). Saddam Hussein asked the U.S. Secretary of State if it was o.k. to invade Kuwait, and what the U.S./Western reaction would be. Hussein was told that the U.S. would not interfere in "You're inter Arab affairs".

The early 80's terrorist I believe are the "genuine article". Back then they would hijack a airplane and fly to Egypt, Lebanon, Israel, etc and make demands that one of their people be released from prison somewhere. There wasn't so much bombings, shooting's etc. With the exception of the Israeli Olympic athletes, Pan Am bombing, etc, but it was relatively small events. I have not researched these events as much as the others.

None of these events happened because of: "(Are there not) people who wish to kill us just because we are who we are and who we are not."

That makes no sense. It's like when G.W.Bush said, "They attacked us because they hate our freedom" (or something similar). 

All of this is easy to look up if you take the time and do some simple research.

1993 World Trade Center.   

False Flag that F.B.I. allowed to happen. They showed the Arabs how to build and operate a "device", it was suppose to be non-operable, only for some reason it was operable. (Real similar to Oklahoma City and the recent trash can bomber in Chicago)

either False Flag....building up the Al-C.I.A.ida bogey man or Blowback because of U.S., British aka "Westerners" intervening in Muslim, Arab lands.

2001; 9/11

The unveiling of the main "Shock and Awe"/ New Pearl Harbor event to "unite" the U.S. behind the neo-conservative/P.N.A.C. agenda, and more importantly the main unveiling of the N.W.O......

NM_Shooter

Hey Shawn... go over there.  Tell them you have denounced the US and all their evil actions against them, but you still agree with the freedoms of the west, and you want to start a Catholic church. 

Surely since you have denounced the US they will welcome you with loving arms and accept your beliefs.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Shawn B

First, I have not renounced my country....which is the people. However I have denounced the majority of the U.S. Gov't and it's N.W.O., bankster, military industrial complex, enslavement agenda, which is anti Liberty, aniti-Constitutional Republic. My mother's side of the family have been here since the 1600's, fathers side since 1800's. NO I WILL NOT LEAVE!

Shooter, I'm not saying that the radical Muslims are good, freedom loving people. Just pointing out the U.S. involvement in areas most Americans probably are not familiar with. I don't know what beliefs you are referring too? Everything that I listed can be researched with just a little time and dedication and proven true. Your response is typical "Fox News, Ditto Head Conservative" jargon.

glenn kangiser

Crying Wolf?

Seems credible enough for an alert . . .    When should an alert be raised?   After the event?

/.

Our government and military - the military industrial complex Eisenhower warned us of, is so full of criminals sold out for greed and profit we cannot trust anything they warn us of.  War for fun and profit.

Germany is in on the NWO agenda and is not a credible source.  They are buddy buddies.  If we need terror alerts they will send them.

We currently want to blow up these places - especially Pakistan, so we need alerts to keep the people scared.  

Our continued bombings of women, children and families with drones and by our military in the middle east will of course generate people from the ranks of their citizens who will want to kill us.  Just think what you would feel like if it was them doing it to us in our country.  

We sit here in our armchairs in Virginia and other places with joysticks and computer games taking the lives of real families with our bomb enabled drones as well as possible terror suspects (maybe - it will sure as hell be reported that way).

Damn straight, they might want to kill us.  Would we not want to kill them if they had a drone drop a bomb on our wife, kids or wedding party?

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/09/new-poll-pakistanis-hate-the-drones-back-suicide-attacks-on-u-s-troops/

http://teabreak.pk/us-drone-strike-destroys-house-full-of-children-in-pakistan-several-civilians-among-20-killed-in-us-drone-attack-87/39918/

I'm with you, Shawn B.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: peternap on September 29, 2010, 07:20:38 AM

Crying Wolf?

/.

They always have somebody in custody....or have seen increased chatter on the net...or had credible nightmares.
They probably have some poor tourist that was taking pictures of graffiti on a water tower.

They go high alert every time Obama's polls drop (Which is every day).
They probably go up a notch on the alert pole, every time Glenn makes a post rofl

Proud to be able to raise the alert Peter, and keep all of our countrymen just a little bit safer.... [waiting]

:)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

Quote from: glenn kangiser on September 30, 2010, 11:37:15 AM
 Would we not want to kill them if they had a drone drop a bomb on our wife, kids or wedding party?

Not much different from suicide bombers with explosives strapped to their bodies or packed into a motor vehicle.

Simply a different delivery method.

If someone would stop annoying, stop threatening the other, maybe some progress could be made.

But somehow it doesn't seem to be so simple.

peternap

If someone would stop annoying, stop threatening the other, maybe some progress could be made.

[/quote]

It never is Don! :-\

glenn kangiser

Quote from: MountainDon on September 30, 2010, 12:27:17 PM
Quote from: glenn kangiser on September 30, 2010, 11:37:15 AM
Would we not want to kill them if they had a drone drop a bomb on our wife, kids or wedding party?

Not much different from suicide bombers with explosives strapped to their bodies or packed into a motor vehicle.

Simply a different delivery method.

Which came first - the chicken or the egg?   [waiting]

ScottA

peternap

Quote from: ScottA on September 30, 2010, 03:39:27 PM
What ever happened to the underwear bomber guy?

He met the shoe bomber, and moved in together [slap]

MountainDon

Quote from: glenn kangiser on September 30, 2010, 03:04:07 PM

Which came first - the chicken or the egg?  

The egg.  Dinosaurs laid eggs before there were chickens.   ;D

I know that does not address the current situation, but I could not resist.  :D

glenn kangiser

It was close, Don.  

Of course you know my point is that if we were not over there killing their families, wives, children, babies  and have developed an infamous reputation for doing so, then maybe they would not really want to invest their hard earned Dollars (yes - we pay them in Dollars) to come over here and terrorize us.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov/13/us-trucks-security-taliban

Quote"One of Watan's enterprises, key to the war effort, is protecting convoys of Afghan trucks heading from Kabul to Kandahar, carrying American supplies.

Welcome to the wartime contracting bazaar in Afghanistan. It is a virtual carnival of improbable characters and shady connections, with former CIA ­ officials and ex–military officers joining hands with former Taliban and mujahideen to collect US government funds in the name of the war effort.

In this grotesque carnival, the US military's contractors are forced to pay suspected insurgents to protect American supply routes. It is an accepted fact of the military logistics operation in Afghanistan that the US government funds the very forces American troops are fighting. And it is a deadly irony, because these funds add up to a huge amount of money for the Taliban.

"It's a big part of their income," one of the top Afghan government security officials admits. In fact, US military officials in Kabul estimate that a minimum of 10% of the Pentagon's logistics contracts – hundreds of millions of dollars – consists of payments to insurgents."