Slavery

Started by StinkerBell, January 05, 2010, 04:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

I seriously mean this, it is not a flip remark as I am known for. I really feel that we are being placed in slavery with this new medical insurance bill. To force someone to buy something they do not want or determine they do not need and say if you do not purchase this you will have to pay the government a fee.....that is the first step to slavery.

It is a slippery slope.

ScottA

The first step was the income tax. But you are correct. It is slavery.

harry51

It's getting worse every day. First our personal sovereignty, then our national sovereignty. We'll be lucky if we're not United Nations subjects by the time the elections roll around again...........if they roll around again.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

muldoon

I think this has been the case for a long time.  Quite honestly I am glad people are starting to get angry about it.  Apathy has been the real enemy of this once great nation for a long time and I am outright encouraged the more I hear how angry people are getting.  People should be angry, but were no worse off today than a year ago, or 10 years ago, its just getting more obvious and personal for many people.  good. 

glenn kangiser

I was afraid to look at what you wrote here, Stinky... [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

pagan

We're all frogs and the water's warming up. Unfortunately a majority of people enjoy hot tubs. There are some who are getting out of the pot. But when you're confronted by a majority of sheep who prance along behind their latest political savior, there isn't too much the few who see what's really going on can do to help them.

Phssthpok

Quote from: ScottA on January 05, 2010, 04:47:07 PM
The first step was the income tax. But you are correct. It is slavery.

If a group of [men] can gather together, and by virtue of placing some words on a piece of paper in a ritualized setting lay a valid claim on a portion of the fruits of your labor, then they can, by virtue of those same actions, lay a claim to ALL of the fruits of your labor. This is also known as slavery.

Slavery is like pregnancy...either you are or you aren't.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: pagancelt on January 06, 2010, 09:30:29 AM
We're all frogs and the water's warming up. Unfortunately a majority of people enjoy hot tubs. There are some who are getting out of the pot. But when you're confronted by a majority of sheep who prance along behind their latest political savior, there isn't too much the few who see what's really going on can do to help them.

I think this hottub is giving me a rash.... [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.