Strange how very much alike a lot of us are.

Started by NM_Shooter, December 16, 2008, 11:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

We all seem to have our own weirdnesses (well, except me) in one way or another, but I don't know of any other forum that has a large group of folks that seem to have a lot of the same core values.

Must be something about building your own house that encompasses a lot of other things. 

By far and large I see us as:

Independent folks --- self sufficient
Wary of large government
Family centric
Respectful of others
Tending towards preferring privacy
Pro second amendment
Responsible
Creative
Hardheaded (er... determined?  persistent?)
Somewhat nostalgic
Community minded (good neighbors)

Am I missing anything? 

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

sparks

My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

harry51

Maybe covered under good neighbors, but many CountryPlans folks are very helpful, and generous with their knowledge.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

MountainDon

That pretty much covers it Frank.

But I don't consider myself weird. Curious or slightly off center perhaps.  ::)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Weird- moi? hmm

Yup - you are right Frank - I see similar traits.

I think our group is the 5% or less of the world who can actually do it as opposed to those who haven't got a clue...
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

Quote from: NM_Shooter on December 16, 2008, 11:23:47 PM

Am I missing anything? 

Believers in the Constitution. All of it.

Intelligent and good looking.  ::)

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Whitlock

Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

cordwood

Some of us "fringe newbie's" don't make such good neighbors. But got plenty of "OFF CENTER!!!" d* d* d*
I cut it three times and it's still too short.

StinkerBell

pro 1st amendment. I am rather partial to that one.

And we all know it is glenn's fault.

glenn kangiser

Somehow I knew if you commented on this, it would be my fault, Stinky.  I realize why you do that to me though....

Somehow you can't help yourself.....  ::)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Jens

value freedom!  Can't speak for everybody, but very opinionated.
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

wildbil

We all want to take part in recreating our great country. First we must create a safe stable home to entrench our traditions, faith and good morals into.
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
-Thomas Jefferson

Jens

just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

StinkerBell

Quote from: glenn kangiser on December 18, 2008, 01:02:12 AM
Somehow I knew if you commented on this, it would be my fault, Stinky.  I realize why you do that to me though....

Somehow you can't help yourself.....  ::)
It is the only thing I can not shake from myself. You see I had all that indoctrination from Los Angles Unified School district they taught me it is everyone else's fault not mine.

Jens

My wife has taught me it's always my fault...even when it's her fault, it's really mine.  Still don't get it, but stuck with it I guess!

StinkerBell

Understandable Jens.

My hubby and I have a good working 50/50 agreement plan. When we both agree we do things his way, when we disagree we do things my way. seems to work for me. heh

MountainDon

I think somebody got the short end of the stick, there.   ;)

StinkerBell

Geee what ever do you mean MD? <insertdramaqueenposehere>

sparks

My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

glenn kangiser

Use the force, Stink...come over to the dark side... [crz]