Habitat Stores

Started by peternap, November 26, 2007, 11:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I'm not sure this is OFF TOPIC or not but someone mentioned the Habitat Stores a while back. I found one near me last week and bought 5 pairs of Pella window sashes, new in the box, for $5.00 a pair. Another $2.00 each got me the window frames for them (Used).

Today I went back and found an Arched window that is the perfect size to fit over my double french doors I got on Craigs List. $45.00 for the window.

Got new screens to fit the Pellas for 3.00 each

Great place.

Originally posted under Off Topics and moved by Moderator MountainDon
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

ReStores do have great deals when they fot your plans or you can alter your plans to fit.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

What a deal, Peter!   [cool]  We've got to check if one is nearby us...
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

Thanks, MtnDon!  :)  There are 2 Restores fairly close to us. 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

peternap

When you go in look at the color codes on the price sticker. The way they price them is as follows.

Someone brings in surplus equipment and brings the invoice that they purchased it under.

Habitat prices it at 50% of the original cost.

As it stays there, they color code it to show how long it's been.
For each color they discount it more up to 65% off of the price they started with.

After 65% they are open to an offer.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

FrankInWI

yeh, I contributed on earlier habitat store conversation.  WELL worth checking out.  Someone mentioned if they are right for your plan.  Good point, earlier I bought some elsewhere I havn't used yet cause I thought I would buy these great windows and then plan accordingly.  It didn't work out for me. Still got those windows.
I love what I got from Habitat.  A HUGE triple double hung.  The middle one is the biggest made by Anderson. New screens for these new windows too.  Cost me about $200 for all. 
Got a great arch window for the north gable too.  Everyone mentions a chapel when they go up there.  Like my new garage, I'm tickled  PINK (pink dow board wraps the place).
god helps those who help them selves

desdawg

I have never strayed across one of those stores. Everyone I have heard talks about windows.  What else do they have?
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

MountainDon

Doors, cabinets and counter tops, toilets, flooring, appliances (used but nice shape), furniture..... If it's a part of the structure or something that you might find inside there's a chance you'll find it.

An ever changing array.

Woodswalker

I bought all the windows for my cabin at the local Restore here at about 25% of retail.  They were matched in color, from same co, and new or like-new.  I'm hauling a door and a nice craftsman radial-arm saw down there tomorrow to donate.  I do volunteer work with Habitat, mainly hauling donated materials to the store on my large trailer, or hauling building materials from their storage site to their building site (4 homes underway).  It's a good place to meet some great folks and learn abut building.