Beach stair

Started by peg_688, March 05, 2006, 12:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peg_688

Here's that beach stair ,

on the steep part I  used stairs to landing on less steep parts logs to form treads  nailed in with 16" rebar spikes.  

All landing post where 4x4 PT in the ground 30" or so , with 1 1/2 bags of redi mix on average per post.  

Tough work , today at 50 years old , my price would be higher!

PEG

Sassy

That looks like some rough terrain!  Nice job - must have been a challenge to figure out what you had to do & then do it!  

by-the-way, you sure are moving ahead in your computer skills - I guess I'm just lazy, I ask Glenn how to post pics & stuff so I don't have to figure it out...   :-/   He's been into computers for years...

glenn-k

That was quite a project PEG.  Some can do it--many won't attempt it. :)

peg_688

Thanks Sassy :)

Like you Glenn selling the body to eat ;)

Can't complain to much, I do get to do a lot of different projects , learn something new each time  ::) some good  :) some not so good  :-/ things  :-[

And sharing that knowledge with folks who are interested is sort of fun , wierd , EH :-?

PEG

glenn-k

I  couldn't stand a steady job-- get bored to easily.  I have to have different projects to keep it interesting and challenging.

Sharing the knowledge freely that we have gained is a way of paying back the ones who have freely taught us, and a way of helping people who want to help themselves but don't know how.  We gain ourselves by helping others because as threads grow in different directions we are let in on experiences of others that we may not have had.  That is why I'm not a fanatic about sticking to the subject.  It's always more interesting to watch a drunk wandering down the street than it is to watch a sober person. :)  (Where'd that come from?) :-/

You can learn more in a few seconds, if someone tells you how to do something, than you may in years of trial and error.

peg_688

Ya  and photos really help  :) I think  :P As you can back up the talk with the walk so to speak :-[ In a way, but if I'm telling some one something MTL it is something I've done or seen done / know about . I sort of stay out of threads I'm not knowledgeable about , I read and learn and ask questions , etc .
  Who ya callin a drunk , BTW?

What's a DH ? Pioneer gal and Sassy both use that term.  

We need a raz emotion con ;)
PEG

JRR

PEG, I think it means "Designated Hitter".   Baseball fans methinks.

glenn-k

DH is Dear Husband - or Darling Husband - seems a bit mushy to me, but it is chat slang.  I'm not really that dear or darling -- in fact I'm a bit of a scoundrel sometimes. :)

The drunk was only the example from somewhere out of the cobwebs of my mind :-/  If I say anything that seems weird -try not to take it seriously.  It's probably weird.

What I mean is that wandering around a little causes you to stumble upon more interesting things-- like --"Garsh --hiccup-- if I hadn't fallen down in the gutter I wouldn't know that there was a $20 bill laying in the bottom of the storm drain. "  --See what I mean -- a sober man would have continued straight on down the sidewalk -- and who would we be watching?  The interesting one -of course.  Now, I think I'll go have a beer. :-/  (Actually I drink about 6 beers a year.)

glenn-k

Close, JRR, but no banana. ;D

peg_688

Well that's better than I thought , Dumb Husband . I figured Pioneer gal wouldn't call her Pastor husband Dumb , I was thinking Dream , or Dumb really .

See I learned something totally unrelated to the thread title , so you're right again Glenn with the "drift factor " new things get learned :) Wonderful english that last line , EH :-/

Some times thought we go on tangents and the poor person who asked a question gets sort of left out , the question gets lost in the manusha (sp)  I should do this as a email then spell check it , and cut and paste it over , in the long run it would be easier :-[ But 1/2 tyhe words I use a spelled so bad spell checker can't findum :o
PEG  

Sassy

Hey Peg, here's a site for you...  ;)

http://www.st-minutiae.com/

also the proper spelling (I had to look it up myself & usually I'm a pretty good speller)  ;)  in fact, Glenn didn't even know what the word meant...  :o

By the way, you only mentioned that you didn't think that Pioneergirl would call her pastor husband "dumb"...  what do you think I was calling my husband?  ::)

Sassy

I'm also guilty of taking the thread off course...  but actually just being helpful with a spelling lession  :)

glenn-k

I have noticed that most of the drift occurs after most members have given up their relevant information.  Usually when someone comes up with new information they post it, and if the member with a question has more questions we encourage them to ask for more information.

As far as spell checkers go - the new Firefox 1.5 wiped out the one I had that used to work with the forum.  I have a word check dictionary that works by clicking the word or spell it into a Google search and it many times will suggest the correct spelling.

peg_688

QuoteHey Peg, here's a site for you...  ;)

http://www.st-minutiae.com/

also the proper spelling (I had to look it up myself & usually I'm a pretty good speller)  ;)  in fact, Glenn didn't even know what the word meant...  :o

By the way, you only mentioned that you didn't think that Pioneergirl would call her pastor husband "dumb"...  what do you think I was calling my husband?  ::)

I wasn't really sure what your meant when refering to Glenn :-[ :-[ :-[ Haha ROTFLOL ;)

Spelling never was a strong point of mine in school. Now wood shop that the stuff. Althought I can say many words and do know most of the meanings  ;)spelling them is a problem :-[ :)
 PEG

Amanda_931

Spelling?

Google would like to have you do everything with google.  Probably not a great idea, but....

But I've put the search function up at the top of my browser (think it works on most of the common ones).  One of the easy things it comes with--along with "search site"  and "page up" is a spell check.  It's slightly clunky, for instance, you can't select one word and just check that--it insists on checking everything you've typed (or are capable of editing), and you have to exit the spell checker.  (also it doesn't like google as a verb).  (also sometimes it doesn't connect!)

I've been kind of evil about people sending me horror stories about, say, the latest computer virus or crime wave without checking for urban legends.

So I was pretty embarrassed when a friend of mine caught me in one.  Formosan termites, a few minutes thought would have shown me, are really not very likely to be spread in mulch.

But she had recently switched to google's email--g-mail.  Which gives her all kinds of links whenever she opens a letter.  One was to as story about termites spreading as an urban legend.

peg_688

Thanks Amanda  :) It was nuttin really , just a simple beach stair :-[ Lot of grunt work  :P Well and a bit of thinkin was involved ;) PEG

PEG688

Quote from: peg_688 on March 05, 2006, 12:47:02 PM
 Here's that beach stair ,

on the steep part I  used stairs to landing on less steep parts logs to form treads  nailed in with 16" rebar spikes.  

All landing post where 4x4 PT in the ground 30" or so , with 1 1/2 bags of redi mix on average per post.  

Tough work , today at 50 years old , my price would be higher!

PEG

I refreshed those two photos that where not showing up .

When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

PEG688

BTW thanks for finding it Sassy. :)
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .