Tiananmen Square

Started by Sonoran, May 02, 2009, 06:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonoran

This is addressed to Glenn, however, I would be happy for all to comment.

I've been listening to SOAD.  Do you know where I'm going with this Glenn?  What happened at Tiananmen Square? 
Individuality: You are all unique, just like everybody else.

Sonoran

Okay, I'm sure you are all thinking, hey go look it up, so I just want to clarify something.  I know that Glenn likes the band, SOAD.   The song I'm referring to, which talks about Tiananmen square is talking about media censorship, and how the truth is hidden from the world.

I have a feeling that Glenn could explain why they were there and what happened better than I could find out on my own. 

"Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen square, if fashions the reason that they were there?"

glenn kangiser

It was a student protest put down by government guns and tanks -- finally one lone man stood up to the tanks walking back and forth in front of them countering all movements of the tank with his body.  The tank driver finally stopped and went away.  This was not the end of it but was a heroic event noted by the world.

That is from my memory of it and a story or two I have read--- may be partly wrong? .... Just posted it to see if my past impression is right.  Now I want to research deeper and will post it after the lyrics.

System Of A Down
Hypnotize lyrics

Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen Square,
Was fashion reason why they were there?
They disguise it,
Hypnotize it,
Television made you buy it.

I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my-

She's scared that I will take her away from there.
Dreams and her country left with no one there.
Mezmerize the,
Simple minded,
Propaganda,
Leaves us blinded.

I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my girl.

[Solo]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciio3o5Pcuo

SOAD specifically does not usually ever interpret their songs for you and they want you to listen then take away your own view of the ideas and events portrayed - per an interview I watched.

So in line with that from my view --- obviously they were not there to be fashionable or for any other reason having to do with trivial, shallow things such as fashion.  They had a very important reason to be there.

Tank Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-tk8CrqCQ

Excerpt from the commentary:

"The still and motion photography of the man standing alone before a line of tanks reached international audiences practically overnight. It headlined hundreds of major newspapers and news magazines and was the lead story on countless news broadcasts around the world. In April 1998, the United States magazine TIME included the "Unknown Rebel" in its 100 most influential people of the 20th century.

The incident took place just a minute away from Tiananmen on Chang'an Avenue, which leads into the Forbidden City, Beijing, on June 5, 1989, the day after the Chinese government began cracking down violently on the protests. The man stood alone in the middle of the road as the tanks approached. He held two bags, one in each hand. As the tanks came to a stop, he appeared to be trying to wave them away. In response, the front tank attempted to drive around the man, but the man repeatedly stepped into the path of the tank in a show of nonviolent action. By looking at these two photographs and using the painted road lines as a reference, it is evident that the tank has moved forward. After blocking the tanks, the man climbed up onto the top of the lead tank and had a conversation with the driver. Reports of what he said to the driver vary, including "Why are you here? My city is in chaos because of you"; "Go back, turn around, and stop killing my people"; and "Go away." Video footage shows that anxious onlookers then pulled the man away and absorbed him into the crowd and the tanks continued on their way.

The People's Republic of China government made few statements about the incident or the person involved. In a 1990 interview with Barbara Walters, then-CCP General Secretary Jiang Zemin was asked what became of the man. Jiang replied "I think never killed."

Click the more button on the video for much more of the story.

An estimated 100,000 gathered there to mourn the death of Hu - a pro-democracy and market official.  They were protesting for freedom from the authoritarian government, freedom to mourn, freedom of speech, and basically the same freedoms our government is rapidly trying to take from us.  The students and intellectuals were unarmed but were violently put down by the oppressive government.  Some say that as many as 7000 were massacred there by the government, with their guns and tanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

This is a good time to note that our military is being eased into use in the US also.  First we will get used to seeing them assisting in floods, disasters, helping police, etc., then, foot in the door, when Barry Soetoro and the fearful criminals in federal government decide we have had our guns long enough, they may attempt to finish removing our Constitutional rights here.

I think that the media censorship is referring to the Chinese government blocking coverage of the ensuing massacre to the rest of the world.

Media is totally controlled here - about 6 corporations control nearly all of the media.  Most belong to the CFR and know clearly what is allowable to release and what is not.

Tienanmen Square could be where we are headed if things continue unchecked.  May we all have the courage of the tank man when the time comes.

At this time, Americans have seen the approaching dangers to a large extent and currently Americans are more heavily armed than ever in history, due to diarrhea of the vocal chords before the current admin took office.  B.O. and the criminals in charge have continued the federal governments assault on the rights of the citizens of the US as well as participated in the financial pillaging of the citizens life's earnings, with the world bankers.

Hopefully they will see the error of their ways before a Tienanmen square happens here.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

I have to go a bit farther on this and SOAD's meaning as I see it.

She's scared that I will take her away from there.
Dreams and her country left with no one there.

Mezmerize the,
Simple minded,
Propaganda,
Leaves us blinded.

Mezmerize the simple minded - Propaganda leaves us blinded.

That says it all.  Worry about bird and swine flu while our life's savings and our childrens futures are being stolen by the elite. 

Damn -- we the sheeple can't think about more than one thing at a time and if given enough entertainment or things to fear, we will completely miss the fact that our Constitution is being obliterated, our American dream is now an American nightmare, our jobs are being sent overseas to the next industrial revolution as we become a post industrial society and the world puppetmasters reduce us to third world country status.

Corporate America does not care one ounce for the serfs of the United States.  Everyone below the CEO and top brass are expendable.  A foreigner in a foreign country can do the same work we used to do for a fraction of the cost and the Corporate fat cats just get richer.  Money -- there is never enough.

By squeezing out the jobs of the people of the US it will soon look much more rosy to join the military to provide cannon fodder ... meat to protect the Corporate interests overseas.  Sons and daughters, husbands and wives , mothers and fathers to us, the sheeple..... but meat to them, the elite, with their WMD's, pipelines and Tamiflu.  We are simply breeders..... [waiting]

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Propaganda,
Leaves us blinded.

Propaganda leaves us blinded. 

We hear it -the current bogeyman- a few times -- it is repeated a million times by the oil soaked corporate media whores.

Soon we are in a pandemic of Swine flu.  Nevermind that only a few hundred have died from it.  More people die "J" walking every day.

"J" walking doesn't sell Tamiflu - or other drugs our politicians and big pharma profit from, so now it's swine flu - with shady beginnings from the government collaborator, Baxter.  Scare the sheeple - they will buy it off of the shelves and scream to spend their money on even more of the worthless crap. 

Propaganda leaves us blinded.  Absolutely.

The events - most all of them since 9-11-2001 are absolute proof of that.  We don't need terrorists.  We have propaganda.  Repeated enough we will buy it all.

That is a reference to the apathy of the American people.  Sit by the sidelines - see what they do to us... without voicing a word of protest.  We will continue to sit here waiting while they have their way with our rights and freedoms.  I hope we wake up when the time comes. ... [waiting]

Sonoran

Thanks Glenn.

I do remember the guy who stood in front of the tanks, it was in one of my history books way back in elementary school. Unfortunatley, that's all I can recall, no text. It's sad the only thing I remember from school is how to follow orders, show up on time, and be a good student so I can get good grades because that makes people happy.

I also like your comment about the pig flu.  It's so interesting when I think about it that way.  The phrases: "these tough economic times" and "economic downturn" have been said so much that you think we wouldn't forget it, but now I just think about the pig flu.  Crap, I'm a sheeple.

Sonoran

Oh, and I wasn't being lazy about research.  I did some before I asked Glenn. 

glenn kangiser

Quote from: Sonoran on May 03, 2009, 02:19:53 AM
Thanks Glenn.

It's sad the only thing I remember from school is how to follow orders, show up on time, and be a good student so I can get good grades because that makes people happy.

That is fine, Sonoran.  It is a government school and that is all you are supposed to remember. 

Years ago there was a government drive to teach the kids new math.  I think it was an alternate method of dumbing down America.  The students came away from school with teaching that was totally useless in real life. 

You are programmed in school to respond to bells and whistles.  Just as Pavlov's dog, you begin to salivate at the thought of food at lunch when the bell goes off. You are being programmed to respond immediately, without question and follow the directives without questioning authority.  Reward for questioning authority?  Punishment of course - the worst possible - a trip to the principals office - possible expulsion etc.  Even your parents can now be jailed for not doing as ordered by the government school system.  Advance a few years -- in the military - put into a situation where you must kill or be killed for the profit of corporate America,  Question - you die - as did Pat Tilman.

Whatever you were learning is immediately changed to thoughts of the next subject as you forget what the prior insignificant teacher was saying, spring from your seat and obediently move on to the next ordered subject.  Nevermind what you want.  Your class requirements are dictated to you and you are allowed to pick only from a certain number of limited choices, just like our Federal elections.  Who says what you will learn (who you will elect)?  You? 

You think you do because you (sheeple)are given the limited choices (Which puppet would you like for figurehead I mean president) but it is the state (world bankers, politicians with vested interests, corporations, Bilderbergers, CFR, PNAC etc.)  who dictate what the two choices will be.  Not some choice that is really good for American and will throw the moneychangers from the temple.

Just when your thoughts clear enough to realize you are being victimized and are "Mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".... they throw a new crisis your way.  Swine flu, Britney's latest breakdown, Chinese computer spies, Iranian nuclear power.  Anything to take your mind off of the fact that they are going to steal your rights, steal your guns so you have no chance of protecting yourself should they illegally use our own military against us, or watch as corporate America steals the life savings of the citizens and illegal aliens are allowed to come in - given our jobs at slave wages and we become peasants. 

We willingly assist as we have to buy the cheaper items that have been made by those who take our jobs.  We can't afford not to.  Still the CEO's make their multiple millions, and go for the profits, not from just the US, but the world.  That is why our jobs leave and we are reduced to cannon fodder. 

We are insignificant to corporations dealing now on a global scale, and our politicians who feel that they are part of the world picture, are no longer interested in saving the United States.  Many of them are dual citizens with loyalties to two masters --- or maybe just one of them...   

The Constitution just hinders their advancement to world power.  That is why they feel they must do away with it.  The puppetmasters over our government are the ones mainly limited by our Constitution.  With it still in place, they cannot totally control the US, and that is necessary for their full world dominance.

So like little bell and whistle controlled robots we answer to every little bell and whistle, just as we were trained to in school.  The next fake Bin Laden scare.... OMG ... we're all going to die of the Swine Flu.... CDC, please save us... you are our only hope..... Dictate vaccinations for everyone (please don't give us the ones with the live virus someone there in gov. told Baxter to include in the mix.... we forgive them... we know .... you told us it was just an accident... it has to be true... the media said it....)

Most of us will not question authority just as we were trained to in school.  Most of us will not stand in front of the tank and resist it's forward movement. 

Many of us will allow them to take our children or allow our children to offer themselves as a sacrifice to the state because they have made the economy so bad, it is one of the few ways to survive.  I know kids who are doing this exact thing right now.

It is one thing if it is to protect our nation from a real enemy.

It is something else to allow our children to be stolen to protect world profits of big business. 

That is why our veterans are pissed and have been labeled terrorist by our current government.  They have seen the corruption and are waking up.  Washington DC is scared and like China, may one day feel it necessary to pull a Tienanmen Square on the people.

glenn kangiser

Note that while SOAD and Serj Tankian (lead vocals and instrumentals, now on his own) are kind of head bangers, if you read the words and listen you will find nearly all of their songs are very deep with messages and questions to authority that we would all do well to take note of and possibly copy. 

I started listening to them after I realized they had an important message to get out.

glenn kangiser

NM_Shooter

Did you guys know we had our own Tiananmen Square here in Washington after WWI?

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

glenn kangiser

Not right off hand.  I'd like to learn more of it though.

Thanks for the clue, Frank.  I found it.  Looks like much the same type of act.  Questions regarding finding info on this led me to the Bonus Army.

"The event where world war 1 veterans marched on washington DC in 1932?  The World War 1 veterans that marched into Washington DC became known as what?  What was the name of the march on Washington by a group of World War 1 veterans?  After World War 1veterans Marched on Washington for the promised Bonus Gen.Douglass McArthur dispersed lethal gas And used ammunition to kill some of them and children."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

Continuing to research this I found a very good story complete with background information.  Very interesting stuff.

http://www.americanheritage.com/articles/magazine/ah/1963/4/1963_4_18.shtml

glenn kangiser

An excerpt from the last story above - a great history read and also another sad view of how the Feds and politicians look at the people of and Veterans who protect the US with their lives.

Veterans have currently been called possible terrorists by our countries ruling class.  The veterans I have talked to do not accept Pelosi's fake apology.  How's that for a fine display of gratitude?

"At 4:45 P.M. four troops of cavalry appeared, sabers raised, with six tanks lumbering behind them, their machine guns hooded. Infantrymen in steel helmets, with blue tear-gas bombs dangling from their belts and bayonets drawn, trotted on the double behind the tanks. The crowd, still in a carnival mood, set up a loud cheer that was echoed from the windows of the old red-brick hulks packed with veterans. "No one in the crowd, any more than the veterans from their high perches, seemed disposed to take the cavalry seriously," the Star reported. The cavalry might well have been riding to the rescue of an embattled wagon train. Laughter and applause greeted an anonymous wag in one of the tanks who thrust a wire through an opening in the armor and waved a white handkerchief.

In the shadow of the Capitol the cavalry deployed along the north side of Pennsylvania Avenue, the infantry column along the south side. "As the soldiers approached more closely, a few brickbats, stones and clubs were thrown," according to the official report, but Thomas L. Stokes of the United Press saw no evidence of resistance, nor did his colleague Paul Y. Anderson, who heard a command and saw the cavalry charge the crowd with drawn sabers: "Men, women and children fled shrieking across the broken ground, falling into excavations as they strove to avoid the rearing hoofs and saber points. Meantime, infantry on the south side had adjusted gas masks and were hurling tear gas bombs into the block into which they had just driven the veterans."

Anderson saw a mother pleading with a noncommissioned officer for permission to rescue a suitcase which contained all of the spare clothing she owned, both for herself and her child. "Get out of here, lady, before you get hurt," Anderson heard the noncom say, and watched him calmly set fire to her shanty. At Third and C streets he witnessed a company of infantry tossing tear-gas bombs right and left. "Some fell in front yards jammed with Negro women and children. One appeared to land on the front porch of a residence. Two small girls fell to the sidewalk, choking and screaming. But the veterans were beyond the street intersection more than fifty yards away. This gas was intended for the spectators..."