Colonial Williamsburg

Started by peternap, November 12, 2008, 11:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Since I;m sick of politics for the time being, and since it's my anniversary and Janes birthday, I thought I'd go over the day. I told her I didn't want a nother gun this year. I have guns I haven't picked up fot years. What I wanted was a new camera.
I got the Canon EOS XS and the battery charged in the camera shop, just before dark. So here I was, new camera with more functions than a bomber, almost dark and I was dieing to use it. On top of that, the restaurent didn;t want me to use a flash, The program function is amazing because even under those circumstances, I got fair pictures.

I love the buggies there

We contribute to the foundation so we get to use the foundation building. It's pretty fancy so I let Jane go in and eat finger sandwiches and drink tea.
I hang around outside and smoke cigarettes.

This is the drum and fife corp doing their daily march. It's almost dark.

One of the locals hanging out on her porch

One of the shops where Jane got her gift from.

A couple more locals chillin.

This is the restaurant we ate at last year. They made me mad. When you pay a hundred bucks per person, you'd expect them to put salt in the butter. They got snotty about it so they can do without us. >:(

This is where we ate this year and boy was it good....and they put salt in the butter ;)

It is a completely restored Inn in the the restored area.

This is the owner of the Inn ???

This is the entertainment and she was pretty good. She moved around so much I had trouble getting a good picture though. Not bad looking either although I didn't really notice.

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

So the two of you had a great day! 

Here's to many more happy, healthy ones.   c*
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rwanders

What a great place!  I grew up in DC and never tired of going to Williamsburg. Took the wife and son there in 1989----they both loved it too.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

peternap

Quote from: rwanders on November 12, 2008, 11:47:08 PM
What a great place!  I grew up in DC and never tired of going to Williamsburg. Took the wife and son there in 1989----they both loved it too.

I got hooked on it years ago. Wallace Gussler who started the gunshmit project there helped me build my first scratch built rifle, I've gotten to know the blacksmiths and some of the carpenters. I met Roy Underhill a few times while I was working on movies there. It's a lot of fun.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

Redoverfarm

Peter sounds as if it was a very good day.  A refuge from the stock market even if it was brief.  Been years since I had went there.  Usually a regular stop was the pottery factory now as that excites the wife more than history.

glenn kangiser

You may be getting older, John but I wouldn't call you history.... yet.  heh
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

Is that experience talking or " the pot calling the kettle black". ;D

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.