inexpensive metal sideing for a woodshed

Started by Dave Sparks, July 20, 2013, 05:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Sparks

Has anyone a good link of inexpensive metal siding for a 6' x 8' woodshed.  I have been trying search Depot and Lowes but not finding anything on line. I was going to use fiber cement but metal might be better for me. Thanks!
"we go where the power lines don't"

rick91351

One of the full timers up here uses a lot of the old fashioned corrugated roofing about a third or half way up on his out buildings.  Then board and bats on the upper part.   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

tommytebco

http://www.homedepot.com/p/8-ft-Galvanized-Steel-Corrugated-Roof-Panel-13513/202092961#.UevixtK-qFY

I used this galvanized roofing for the siding of my 20x30 shop. It worked fine. Had to cut to length. Probably could have ordered cut lengths If I'd bothered.

JRR

These are my current favorite suppliers for sheet metal products ... good distribution in Southeast...:
http://www.bestbuymetalroofing.com/

waggin

If you're patient, Craigslist will have some listed sooner or later.  That's where my woodshed roofing came from.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. (Red Green)

Dave Sparks

Thank-you everyone!  Not sure but I may go back and use fiber cement exterior...
"we go where the power lines don't"

rick91351

Quote from: Dave Sparks on July 29, 2013, 02:27:48 PM
Thank-you everyone!  Not sure but I may go back and use fiber cement exterior...

DOOOHHH!!!  [frus] [frus]  OOOOWWW!!! [frus] [frus]

Actually that would be my number one choice.  Other than board and bat that is like free up here for me. 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

umtallguy

i dunno if i would use fiber cement for woodshed walls?
Aint it kinda brittle for something likley to see lots of a buse from thrown firewood?