FINALLY!!! :)

Started by DaveOrr, October 13, 2013, 07:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveOrr

After nearly 8 months of waiting I finally got my lease from the gubmint!!!!   :)
Time to start spending money.   d*
Was out at the property today to map out the corners and figure out where I can and can't build my lakeside dream camp.

Here's a nice little 5 shot pano of my chunk of rock!!!    ;D

Since it's almost winter North of 60* I won't be getting hard at it until spring time.
First thing on the list is to build and install a dock and then clear a trail on the left from the lake to the high point on the lot where the cabin will go. Then hopefully get the foundation done before winter.   [cool]
Dave's Arctic Cabin: www.anglersparadise.ca

rick91351

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

DaveOrr

Got out again yesterday to get a few more pictures and map out the corners of my lease so I know where they will let me build.
My original spot is out as they have the site square to lat/lon lines and because of this I lost 19 meters in the area I was planning on.
But it gave me the chance to move it up on top of the high spot which I like better. :D

Here's a long shot from the middle of the bay. You can see the rock hump that you can't with the close shot.

And here it is with my cabin design and dock Photoshopped into place.  :)

And a close up.

Still working on design and it will change before it's built.
Probably many times!!!   [rofl2]

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

DaveOrr

Quote from: MountainDon on October 14, 2013, 08:31:31 PM
That was easy!!   ;D

Yep!!!
I move in the furniture tomorrow.   ;)

hpinson

Canadian shield? It looks like around Great Slave Lake?

DaveOrr

Canadian Shield: Yep
It's on an inland lake not far from Slave.
Just North of Yellowknife.
My location is @ the red X top of the photo.
The water to the right of Yellowknife is Yellowknife bay which is part of Great Slave.

highlandva

Your site is awesome!!!  One thing I found about the actual building pad is, everything happens for a reason.  I was dead set on where my site was going to be on our 70 acres and it didn't perk well.  The guy doing the inspection was walking around a little and suggested to dig a few test holes a little further away.  I am sooooooo glad he did that and it created a wonderful and much better site with an amazing view. 

DaveOrr

Yep. No big deal on having to switch locations.
Just the fact that I got the lease is more than enough reason to celebrate.
There were very few available and it has been 30 or 40 years since the last time they offered any.
The fact that I got mine is like winning the lottery.  :)

DaveOrr

Got the chance to reclaim some nearly new pressure treated lumber from a place that is going to be torn down.
I spent the day Saturday during a blizzard disassembling a one year old 16'X14' deck which left me with enough lumber to build my dock with some left over for other uses.

When the owners get the go ahead to take the house down I get first dibs at the goodies.
Got the nearly new steel insulated door off the rear of the house and the electrical panel as well as some other stuff reserved for de cabin.   :)

grover

I'm always amazed when I look at maps of Canada.  For instance, in your area it looks like anywhere you would throw a rock you could hit water.  Lake, lakes, and more lakes.  I would love to see it in person but sadly will probably never get that chance.