What inverter do you have?

Started by containercabin, August 24, 2013, 07:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

containercabin

I am in the final stages of my solar planning. I am figuring out the heart of the system... the inverter. Which ones do you use?

MountainDon

Outback VFX3524M at the cabin

Had an Exceltech XP1100 in the RV (when we had the RV) along with an Iota 55 amp charger. Now the inverter is used with the Tacoma pickup to run things like a blender when we go camping.  :)

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Magnum MS 4448 Inverter/charger at the cabin operating a 48 volt battery system.

PorkChopsMmm

jaransont3

Tripp-Lite Inverter/ Charger APS750 750W Continuous/1500W Peak. Built in 20 amp charger and transfer switch. PWM Sine Wave when on batteries with two (2) Duracell CG2 6V/212AH Batteries wired in series.

John Jaranson
Home: Dearborn, MI  Cabin: Iron Range, MN

considerations

Magnum 2012 (12v) with 1300 watts of solar panels and 10 L16s wired up to act like 5 12v batteries.
Had a Xantrex 2000 watt, but when it failed, so did their customer service.
Both do(or did) 24/7 service at my cabin.

I think a nice deal is something I can depend on....others may find a less expensive throw away strategy works for them. My system is not a fall-back system...it is THE system. The fall-back position is the generator.

upa

Outback VFX3648 inverter, fed by a 440 amp/hr 48v bank(16 GC2 batteries - 2 bus barred parallel banks)- 2.8kw array.

Native_NM

ProSine 1800 (the old yellow one).  This one is used for emergency system at home.  Working on panels and new battery config. 

Tripp-Lite inverter/charger 750 (server computer backup).   Two 100 amp AGM batteries in parallel.  The UPS is plugged into the Trip-Lite inverter.  My two new EnergyStar servers pull 400 watts total, or ~35 amps from the inverter.  I can get 3 hours before the UPS kicks in and sends the shutdown signal to gracefully shutdown the servers.  It was the most cost effective method.  Rack-mounted UPS systems with less capacity were in the thousands.  It was tested this summer when power was out for 5 hours in the NE heights of Albuquerque.  Total cost of the system was about $1000,

Stanley 800 watt in the truck box.  Camping and misc.  Lowe's purchase.  Has the big battery clips. 

120 watt 12v cig plug inverter under back seat of truck. It has the USB port at charges the laptop on the go.

New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.