Great new mountain homestead tool

Started by John Raabe, February 22, 2014, 02:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Raabe

"Called the MTT-136 (for My Track Technology, and, I can only presume, the 136th iteration), it weighs about 280 pounds and can haul a person or cargo for 130 miles on an eight-hour charge. Also: really fun to watch it shear through snow."

This promising invention is not only a snowmobile, but a summertime hauler and portable AC outlet for electric tools

http://www.popsci.com/article/technology/electric-sled-miniature-winter-tank
None of us are as smart as all of us.

rick91351

Quote from: John Raabe on February 22, 2014, 02:21:02 PM
"Called the MTT-136 (for My Track Technology, and, I can only presume, the 136th iteration), it weighs about 280 pounds and can haul a person or cargo for 130 miles on an eight-hour charge. Also: really fun to watch it shear through snow."

This promising invention is not only a snowmobile, but a summertime hauler and portable AC outlet for electric tools

http://www.popsci.com/article/technology/electric-sled-miniature-winter-tank

I forwarded that to some mining investors.  They are very interested.  There is a wide world that can use this for a power platform.  I am surprised the military has not been all over this.   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

old_guy

Would be exciting if it flipped over doing the snowbank jump, as the top of the tread is going in the opposite direction.

kenhill

In the 1970's, Massey Ferguson made a snow machine like this called Diablo Rouge!

John Raabe

Kenhill:

That's interesting. The 1970's version was gas powered and did not replace standard snowmobiles.

The basic idea of the machine towing the operator on a sled is the same, but the multipurpose nature of the electric machine may make it a more workable and profitable product. That said, there may be some not-so-obvious issues with the design.
None of us are as smart as all of us.