Am I Thankful this Thanksgiving

Started by peternap, November 24, 2010, 07:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Yep, but thankful that I live a long away from other people.

Today as I get ready to celebrate a day I've always given thanks for all I have and for my family, I read the syndicated items for today's news.

Opt out day.
TSA abuses
Massive unemployment
North Korea attacking South Korea and the USA sending warships to yet another fight that's none of our business.
Tax increases
States putting Body Scanners in courthouses.
Pox c*

Combine all that with the usual murder, rape and robbery.

This just set the mood for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akoukq5DvAE
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

bayview

Peternap:

I'm sorry things aren't going well . . .   But I bet if we try real hard . . .   We can find something positive!

I hope that you and your family will have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!    :)

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

MountainDon

Sometimes I like to stay at the cabin, ignore the news and at worst have to deal with the odd person who does not understand the meaning of "posted, keep out" That seldom occurs.

Happy Thanksgiving Day!!

We're having a big chicken as turkey appeared on my food sensitivities list.  >:(
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

I'll be taking care of the veterans at the ER - seeing the condition a lot of them are in, I'm thankful for all God has blessed me with!  Any day can be Thanksgiving - I just gotta remember to be thankful!   :)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Ernest T. Bass

There's too many things that I'm thankful for to fit in one post! :)

I'm thankful for this breath.

And this one...

...And this one..

;)

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

Woodsrule

I'm thankful for many things. First, even though we (I) grouse about what goes on here, we live in the best country on earth. Next, we live in the best times in history. We are virtually free from disease and tyrannical behavior. Also, our standard of living is the best that any humans have ever experienced. We also enjoy a representative government that, if we don't like 'em, we can vote 'em out, as evidenced by this November's elections. All in all, I'm thankful for many things. My best to all, and especially to Sassy, for taking care of our vets! [cool]

StinkerBell

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

texasgun

WEST TEXAS