Interesting Upscale Home Designs

Started by MountainDon, March 29, 2010, 04:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

This morning a spammer did us a sort of a favor.  [crz]  They made several of the usual nonsensical comment spams with a link to advertise a commercial website in the signature line. A couple alert members made use of the "report to moderator" feature and for that we say Thank You. The link lead to an architect in AU. Loads of pictures of expensive looking homes. Many of them are very nice though. I can't resist post a link to there myself. So while I don't like spammers coming in and leaving their crap behind, I don't see the harm in one link to a site with interesting designs. We can all appreciate attractive design.

Peter Downes Designs, Sydney AU

I also sent an email to Mr Downes advising him of what the SEO firm he hired was doing. We'll see if he replies, if spamming bothers him.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

They must not have any bothersome insects. 

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

Those would put me a tad over budget.

MountainDon

Quote from: ScottA on March 29, 2010, 06:08:09 PM
Those would put me a tad over budget.

Me too. How many of us would have to be added together to pay for one of those? 

MountainDon

But I sure do love the open flow from outside to inside.

Okay, no more pictures from me. Ya' have to look at hos website if you want more. Yes, I'm enamored of his work.  :-[

MountainDon

I got an email from Peter Downes, stating he was unaware of the techniques being used by the SEO firm he had hired. He said he's talk to them as he did not intend to be a party to spamming.

Here's one more I love. (only 1 more I promise)

Love the transparent wall.

NM_Shooter

Anywhere that has Funnel Web Spiders.... I'm going to need a screen door.  Possibly a flaming moat.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

eddiescabin

Does anyone have info on the fully opening walls as seen in the pics?  I know only of Nadawall...but any info is welcome.  I am designing with this same "open" concept, the interior flooring will match the large decks outside...was going to go with at least 12 foot of outswing french doors but would much rather have the sliding accordian style!  Thanks

MountainDon

SolarLux
but on second look they seem to be the parent company of Nanawall
but they have a cool animation of the door wall opening and closing

Lanai Doors