OK, I'm just an old hick. Why so cheap

Started by peternap, February 23, 2010, 06:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

I'm an old fogey and I have not a clue, Peter.  ???
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Got me Peter.  But did you notice the notation about WV on the upper right.  Maybe it is a WV seller.  BTW I was watching the Roanoke news and there is a bill in Richmond to start charging sales tax on items ordered on the net.  Hope it doesn't pass because every state will follow suit.

MountainDon

Quote from: Redoverfarm on February 23, 2010, 06:42:21 PM
.... bill in Richmond to start charging sales tax on items ordered on the net.  Hope it doesn't pass because every state will follow suit.

How do they plan on collecting it? Here in NM we're supposed to voluntarily ante up.   rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

RainDog

"Amazon tax". Yeah, it's comin'. Too good to last.
NE OK

Redoverfarm

Quote from: MountainDon on February 23, 2010, 06:55:30 PM
.... bill in Richmond to start charging sales tax on items ordered on the net.  Hope it doesn't pass because every state will follow suit.

How do they plan on collecting it? Here in NM we're supposed to voluntarily ante up.   rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

From what I heard they are going to put that responsibility upon the vendor/seller.  Don't really know about private sales from individual to individual though.  Like we need to enter into the sales tax submission to the state.

peternap

Quote from: Redoverfarm on February 23, 2010, 07:03:16 PM
Quote from: MountainDon on February 23, 2010, 06:55:30 PM

From what I heard they are going to put that responsibility upon the vendor/seller.  Don't really know about private sales from individual to individual though.  Like we need to enter into the sales tax submission to the state.

Yep and I'm not happy about it. None of my Legislators are voting for it but it may pass.

There are several states that have it and the Vendor adds it. The only way I've seen around it is a mail drop in another state and then it costs in shipping.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

pagan

It's probably some cheap Chinese rip-off that'll break in a couple of days, or it doesn't exist and you'll send your money and never hear back again. If you click on the seller it takes you to "Select Blinds" which is a curtain store. Looks like this is just a gimmick to get you to go to their website.