Rant

Started by peternap, October 11, 2009, 06:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

For the very first time in my life, I'm thinking about selling all my guns and giving up hunting.

We have a farm that I love and I live to hunt. Last year during hunting season, I was so sick from diabetes I had to tie myself into the tree stand because I kept going to sleep and falling out. I didn't have the energy to walk more than a few yards at a time.

Season before that, I had my appendix burst while hunting.

Before that, heart problems.

This year I'm healthy to a certain extent. My blood sugar drops if I don't eat and jumps if I eat the wrong thing, but generally, I'm OK.

Back up a week to the opening day of bow season. My wife wanted me to go with her to Victoria's Centennial...on the opening day. I agreed. On the way back home she had to go yard saleing. Didn't watch where she was going and tore her fender off on a mailbox. the cost of the mailbox and the $500.00 deductible on the fender aside, I couldn't hunt because I didn't want to leave her without a vehicle. Yesterday, I was ready to go hunting when I got there, the damn power company had been through trimming an easement. Ass whipping time. That's after I ran them off once.

I gave up on hunting for the morning and decided to sight in a new rifle. I'd hunt another area in the afternoon.

Went to the range. Fired three shots and one of Old Va's members came over and insisted and I mean insisted, I go with him to look at the power line that goes through his property and what those assholes had done to it. Wanted to know what I was going to do about it.

I got back to the farm about noon and decided to grade the road. Battery was dead on the tractor. OK, I'm going hunting but my wife told me she started the second bank of batteries and nothing came on. I went to look. he hadn't put the cover back on from a week before...and the second bank was under water. These were NEW BATTERIES..

While I was seeing if they were salvageable, she drove under a cable across one of the entrances to the storage area...and I've told her not to do that...and caught the cable. Pulled one of the posts down.

Fixing all that took the rest of the day and I was so damn mad, I didn't eat. That made me sick last night. Doesn't matter though because you can't hunt on Sunday. Tuesday and Saturday I have political events.... I just put my bow away for the season and I'm not sure if I'll hunt at all this year.

YES....there i a black cloud over the Nap household tonight! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

firefox

And then some stupid idiot will come along and tell you to stop making such a fuss or your blood preasure will sky rocket. I'm telling you, you just can't win! Just stand up on the table and start yelling kill,kill,kill....Ofcourse if you're like me you will get crucified for standing up on the table. I'm telling you, you just can't win...
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

muldoon

you sound really stressed out, maybe you should take a break, get some quiet in the outdoors. 
maybe actually going hunting might help you calm down?   ???

as for the rest of it, pick that bow back up, throw that phone in the trash and be "unavailable" for a few days.  sounds like you need it. 

ps - bring back pictures