cost and progress

Started by Leo, August 21, 2005, 11:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

1000 gallon septic tank 2500$ ,backhoe for drive and footers (the septic tank man)120$I felt compelled and did tip him(30$)as well as thank the person who reccommended him. concrete and rebar for footers,beams 12 2x12x16', pt 6x6 post 2 8' ,3 12'soyent ?green peservitve for beams ,rollers,rubber gloves,an assortment of nails ,100'12 awg extension cord. 8 2x4 x8' pt ,6 2x2 stakes 764$electric hookup 215? 20 tons of gravel $10.45 a ton delivered= about 230$ including tax.septic permit 90$ ,33 2x10x16 floor joist ,stingers ,blockin g,simpson tie down  and connection bracketts$740 or about $4,629 plus motels(will camp on the next trip)meals,, gasoline and finance charges for gasoline and yes despite heat ,chiggers ,rain ,much confusion and delay at the electic company as to which county we are in,it was fun cant wait to get back

PEG688

Leo's got it  :o :o :o  A   bad :P good case of DIY 8)

Read his post's at your own risk ;)

You rock Leo :D, HTBH ,PEG
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

Leo

thanks peg, this experience leads me wanting to tell others go for it.   I find the housing situation in this country to be a rip off the banks ,the contactors,the mindset of You have to call a professional.when You dont know what to do ,get the information and do it.the only down side is I think Ill want to build another when this ones done.I mean ill already have all the tools and all You know ;D

rwalter

Leo,

I understand how you feel. I am a little farther along but. I am already starting to feel the itch to design an build another. Oh well I guess I better finish this one first or my wife will shoot me.

Laura21

I know that feeling about wanting to build again. I just got in about 2 months ago and am already thinking of the next place  :o. There are a few thing that I would do differently and I spent more than I wanted to but I think I should stay put and only move unless I sell this place to someone.

I would need some more land too and I have no money to buy some so I am stuck but on the upside I do have a lot of equity in my place now and spent less than I would have in other instances. Maybe in a few years  ;D

Laura