Just needed a break

Started by Redoverfarm, August 02, 2009, 07:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

For those who have been keeping abreast of the Dogtrot progress you have probably noticed that there hasn't been any for the last week.  My wife convinced me to take a week off ( 1st time in the last three years).  So we ended up on the Outer Banks of NC for a week.  Nice but a tad too hot for me.  Everyone had a good time.  I took a few photographs.

The town limits sign.  Not really populated like alot of other beaches.  Just a laid back community with a few stores to get the neccesities.

This was at Sunrise on Friday on the East Coast horizon across the Atlantic Ocean.  I usually never get to see the sun rising or setting across a flat horizon in West Virginia. It is usually a couple hours late before it pops up over the mountains.

And yes this is Dad with my little darling daughter Emily. It's not hard to figure out who is who.  I am the whitest one at the beach.  You don't get alot of suntan in coveralls at Hightop. So now you can put a face with the name.

My Son took all of his fishing gear with him but within the first 15 minutes at the beach he had already hooked all that he wanted to keep and never even got a line wet the rest of the week. Ha. Ha. But he never once neglected his sister.

peternap

Looks like you had a ball John. It's been years since I went to Duck. It's a beautiful place.

GREAT PICTURES !
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Nice to see you and the family having fun, John. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

How come you don't have a farmer tan like the rest of us John? c*
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Well Peter you are not the only one that can play with the exposure.  ;D  Actually in some it was obvious that I didn't post.  I don't care how much SPF 45 you smear there are some area that still get scorched. [waiting]

ScottA

You really know how to get a guy out of the mood for work John.  d*
Looks like you had fun. We don't do the beach but we do have a swimin' hole.

Ok, I'm off to Lowes.

Redoverfarm

Yes Scott now I have to get back to work as well.  After a couple days of basking I am ready to enjoy the cooler temperatures.  There is probably 20 degrees difference between there and here.  Yes the swimming hole.  But I guess the wife got tired of that and put her foot down after 4 years.   

glenn kangiser

Her leg must have gotten awfully tired.... [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.