Twelve Weeks!!!!!

Started by MountainDon, May 22, 2009, 09:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Hooray!!!

Twelve weeks of freedom! No need to be here Tues thru Friday for work. The preschool graduation party was this evening; cake, ice cream, balloons!!

Rainy weekend though, so we'll pack the new gun up to the mountains and try it out  there instead of the gun club range. Have to buy a few things tomorrow (thinset, groceries...), pack and leave Sunday morning. So, I won't be hanging out here much for a while.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Have fun Don..Are you staying at the ranch the whole time?
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

We'll be there for a week to 10-12 days at a time, then back for supplies and a weekend dance a couple times a month.

The plans up there include; do the tile floor, do some shooting, install the range and servel fridge with a vent for the fridge, complete exterior siding, blow cellulose into the attic, build a porch and stairs, install the Sun-Mar after the shower goes in, do some shooting, dig a big hole and sink one, maybe two, 550 gallon spherical water tanks (so they won't winter freeze), build the solar battery box, do some shooting, trench and run conduit/wires in the 300 foot run from PV modules to the cabin, get the whole solar power thing running, do some shooting, clean up some more ground clutter and haul it to the burn pit, do some shooting.... and I thought last year was a tall order with building the shell.    ;D ;D ;D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

No internet and only a few OTA TV stations. (maybe more if I raise the antenna; but that's another job and I have too many already. Unless the priorities get rearranged.

FYI, the switch to digital TV is removing several channels from what we could get with analog. Sure, the analog was a little snowy on some channels, but not real bad and not all the time.

hnash53

What do you mean by "spherical water tanks so they won't winter freeze"?

MountainDon

BURIED spherical water tanks won't freeze when buried deep enough.   My error is describing the task.  d*  Spherical, only because they can be pumped dry without danger of collapse, unlike any of the 'loaf' style tanks.

Like this...

...but with a manway shaft added to the surface.

firefox

I think this is the one Don's talking about. This one can be left empty
but some of the other spherical models can't. Bruce

AST-0525-1W

http://www.denhartogindustries.com/NewSphericalPumpandCisternTanks.asp

Use their search and search for AST-0525-1W, Then click
on the part number at the bottom of the page to get the pdf.
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

firefox

Hi Don, couldn't find a price on these. How much are you paying for them?
Thanks,
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

MountainDon

MountainDon

round numbers,  $620 plus $180 freight on one; freight on two at same time $320 is what my notes state