I think car makers overlooked a good model name...

Started by Sonoran, December 05, 2008, 12:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonoran

I think car animal names are somewhat funny.  I don't think about car names too much because I have heard them so many times I don't think about them.  I suppose my brain assigns a connotation to the names and when I see a Ford Mustang, or a Dodge Viper I don't focus to much on the idea that they are named after animals.  When I hear Dodge Viper I don't picture a snake, I picture a 600 hp, v10 flash of red.  Anyways...I've been thinking about this idea of naming cars after animals that are strong and powerful in order to idealize the vehicle and I've come to the realization that car makers may have overlooked the best animal name ever.  If they want to pick an animal based on strength, guts, resiliency, and ferociousness they should have choosen the....BADGER!!

Go watch some utube videos on the badger and tell me I am wrong!! ;)

What car company should make a badger? How about Lexus? The Lexus Badger and then Toyota could make a Mongoose!!
Individuality: You are all unique, just like everybody else.

muldoon

welcome to the forum, interesting first post.

If lexus makes a badger and toyota a mongoose, GM needs a wolverine. 

glenn kangiser

Sonoran...You mean a viper like this one?  hmm

...but why does a Dodge truck have to be called a Ram.  How about a Dodge Hyena? I know -- it doesn't have that "ring" to it. [crz]

That was my truck performance parts supplier in SC.  A 25? year old kid. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

apaknad

cool video glen. it's amazing how much power can be pulled from a diesel. [cool]
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

NM_Shooter

Quote from: muldoon on December 05, 2008, 01:13:47 AM
welcome to the forum, interesting first post.

If lexus makes a badger and toyota a mongoose, GM needs a wolverine. 

Hey!  One of my favorite movies  ;D That was filmed near Las Vegas, NM.  You can see lots of town and landscape landmarks in that movie.  Patrick Swayze liked the area so much he bought property out near Gallinas.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

John_C

The Chevy Nova didn't sell well in Spanish speaking countries.  Of course it translates  does not go   [noidea'

Whitlock

Welcome to the forum, Sonoran!  w* By the way, everyone, Sonoran is a log cabin builder and he should fit right in here.
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

apaknad

w*sonoran. i look forward to your posts and insights.
dan

glenn kangiser

Quote from: apaknad on December 05, 2008, 05:55:33 AM
cool video glen. it's amazing how much power can be pulled from a diesel. [cool]

That is Gus's daily driver, Dan, although last I heard he was around 805 HP.  The big guys are getting over 1000 HP out of that engine, slightly modified. ::)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

apaknad

great to see a 6 cyl. diesel knock the snot out of an uppity viper. i wonder if the viper even tried until it was too late?

glenn kangiser

He tried immediately - didn't have much clue what he was up against.  Gus said "I don't think you could see it in the video but I was waving at him in the mirror." 

Pox Eclipse

Quote from: Sonoran on December 05, 2008, 12:59:29 AM
If they want to pick an animal based on strength, guts, resiliency, and ferociousness they should have choosen the....BADGER!! 

We don't need no steenking BADGERS!!!

glenn kangiser