Election 2012: Gary Johnson for President!

Started by MountainDon, September 06, 2011, 07:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

I know you never heard of him unless you have lived in NM (Gov 1994 - 2002)

Worth everybody to have a look.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/

As Gov he
    Left office with New Mexico as one of the only four states in the country with a balanced budget
    Left New Mexico with a budget surplus
    Used Line Item Veto thousands of times to trim the budget
    Vetoed 750 bills during his time in office; more than all other governors combined
    Cut over 1,200 government jobs without firing anyone
    Created more than 20,000 new jobs
    First New Mexico Governor to challenge education status quo and propose statewide voucher program
    Restored State General Fund reserves to more than $222 million from a low of $28.1 million
    Limited annual state budget growth to 5.0% during eight years in office
    Cut taxes 14 times while never raising them—a first for New Mexico
    Vetoed 32% of the total number of bills submitted for his signature

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Gary O

Geez Don, from what I just read i nthe attached, my blood is starting to move a bit.
Now I gotta read all I can find...may just change from independent to the GOP to place a vote in the primary......
May have to raise my head outta the dirt and take a sabbatical from my evening forum cruises to deeply peruse....
Thanks for the tip
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

Native_NM

I went to a fundraiser for him early this summer.  He's far too pragmatic for most Americans.  The Left hates him because he is fiscally responsible, would cut government in half, and bust the unions unintentionally.  The Right hates him because he doesn't care what you do in your bedroom, in your garage (**inhale, inhale, cough, cough **), or if you have an abortion.  Ironically, he is probably more aligned with most Americans than either Obama or any of the GOP candidates. 

New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

Ajax

Has only a slightly better chance than me of being the nominee.  Won't be at tonight's debate.

Personally, the number of bills he vetoed means nothing without knowing what the bills were about.
Ajax .... What an ass.
muldoon

MountainDon

Mostly the bills were about spending money and increasing the reach of government power.

He's not in the debate and something stinks about that. Polls put him a #7 or so I think. Anyhow they selected the numbers one through 6 and then skipped 7 and included 8, 9..... something like that. I could have the places wrong but the fact that the people in charge skipped over him smells.  They moved the cut off from 2 to 4%.  Also NBC is owned by GE who is a big defence contractor. Gary would cut defense budget. Nah, that couldn't be a factor.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Gary O

And so the story goes.
No need for me to rant on the obvious..........
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson