I Need A Name

Started by MountainDon, January 19, 2010, 03:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Quote from: Whitlock on January 19, 2010, 11:51:00 PM

I see in the picture a bunch of dead pines in the background looks like the bark beetles got them. If you haven't yet you need to cut them down as soon as spring comes or they will be moving to other trees.

Those may be the ones scorched in the May fire. (first picture) The tops are good to maybe. We'll see how they are come spring. If any have to be culled they will be. We've got a woodpile you can't see in those pictures that is all covered in 6 mil plastic, right down to the ground. Covering like that will cook the beetles and prevent their spread. Maybe you already knew about that method.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

StinkerBell

MountainDon

I'll let this run a while before the judges make their final decision. There are some definite possibilities there.  :D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Whitlock

Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

speedfunk

You know a good way to get your balls busted by the locals?  Put a sign with the name of the property by the road.  Always a city person classic ;)

How about the cabin ?  I guess i'm simple like that lol.  Sometimes if it takes to much work it doesn't stick anyway .

rwanders

Looks like you may be up on a ridge-----how about Falcon Ridge or perhaps another bird common to the area----Pine Ridge or Pine Hill may work for you.

ps---really like the way you have cleaned up the area under the trees. That open park look is great. Maybe you could call it Park Place.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

MaineRhino

Jemez Haven?

Jemez Acres?

d*

We just call ours "The Mountain".

StinkerBell

Mountain Don's Cabin Among the Pines......

Or

StinkerBells Place <---------Rather cool sounding if I do say so myself,

RainDog

"Sword of Islam" is catchy. Might get your build some media attention too!
NE OK

MountainDon

Quote from: speedfunk on January 20, 2010, 01:27:35 AM
You know a good way to get your balls busted by the locals?  Put a sign with the name of the property by the road.  Always a city person classic ;)

How about the cabin ?  I guess i'm simple like that lol.  Sometimes if it takes to much work it doesn't stick anyway .

We've never wanted a sign out by the road.

MountainDon

Quote from: rwanders on January 20, 2010, 05:52:51 AM
Looks like you may be up on a ridge-----

Yes, the cabin is on a ridge. Everything's downhill from there.

gandalfthegrey

Bad Wolf

poppy

Stinker's Pinewood Acres  rofl

How about "Into the Pinewood"  inspired by the play "Into the Woods."

Or "Up N the Pinewood"

At some point I will probably do a similar request for my place.

sgleaton

cabina Pineridge

caso en los pinos

RainDog

Well... he didn't like Fred (a perfectly nice name), so I figured he wanted something edgy and controversial, that people would really talk about.

He didn't care for Sword of Islam either, though.

Everyone seems to want for him to name it something that sounds like Winnie the Pooh would be answering the door, so...

"Hamlet Near the Winding Path"

;D
NE OK

MountainDon

Cut off date will be this coming Friday; sometime in the afternoon.

StinkerBell

Pine Nut Ranch
Pine Nut Acre (s)

Pinewood Forrest
Into The Pinewood Forrest

Pine Nutters Lair
Pine Nutters Retreat

rick91351

Quote from: RainDog on January 20, 2010, 12:41:31 PM

Everyone seems to want for him to name it something that sounds like Winnie the Pooh would be answering the door, so...

"Hamlet Near the Winding Path"

;D

Honeys Pooh Bear Retreat?  ;D

Mountain Don's Pines?   ;)

Pines of Villa Don del Karen.  I took that off my favorite piece of classical music the Pines of Rome by Ottorino Respighi.  The first movement is I pini di Villa Borghese" (Pines of the Villa Borghese).  A very organized yet busy piece.  Like hurried from start to dry-in - while things loom and threaten all the time.  8)

But then on the other hand a rose is a rose so most likely for you guys its - "Lets go to THE CABIN."   :)

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

poppy

Amidst the Pinewood

Or maybe "Amiss in the Pinewood", as in "something is amiss on the mountain."  :)

StinkerBell

RainDog

Quote from: rick91351 on January 20, 2010, 02:00:57 PM

But then on the other hand a rose is a rose so most likely for you guys its - "Lets go to THE CABIN."   :)

[rofl2]

Quote from: AlanD on January 08, 2010, 12:16:06 PM

I'm sorry, I don't like to use "cabin" when I can help it, since the connotation does derive from the days of slavery. Most of us are familiar with Abe Lincoln growing up in a "log cabin", studying by candle light. The connotation is that poor and deprived people lived in those structures and that even those people can make something of themselves. More so, since Lincoln was the one who freed the slaves, this associations ties in with the slaves as well.

You RACIST!   ;D

NE OK

poppy

Did anyone mention Pinewood Place?

StinkerBell

firefox

Maybe just plain and simple:
Pine Haven
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Pritch

The Hermitage at Pinewood
"The problem with quotes from the internet is that they're not always accurate." -- Abraham Lincoln