An urgent message

Started by peternap, March 08, 2009, 08:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I hear end of the world talk all the time. Most of it, I dismiss even though I firmly believe something is about to break.

We all have our beliefs or lack thereof and while I freely admit to being a Christian, I keep my personal feelings about that subject...personal. I do believe that among the many spokesmen, after weeding out the perverts, drug and alcohol induced profits, nuts and idiots...there are people who are God's spokes persons.

The question is, how do we tell the nuts from the real thing? Got me ! I just have to go on gut instinct. I have a gut feeling this person is worth listening to.

http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/

An Urgent Message

I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to send out an urgent message to all on our mailing list, and to friends and to bishops we have met all over the world.

AN EARTH-SHATTERING CALAMITY IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. IT IS GOING TO BE SO FRIGHTENING, WE ARE ALL GOING TO TREMBLE - EVEN THE GODLIEST AMONG US.

For ten years I have been warning about a thousand fires coming to New York City. It will engulf the whole megaplex, including areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Major cities all across America will experience riots and blazing fires—such as we saw in Watts, Los Angeles, years ago.

There will be riots and fires in cities worldwide. There will be looting—including Times Square, New York City. What we are experiencing now is not a recession, not even a depression. We are under God's wrath. In Psalm 11 it is written,

"If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (v. 3).

God is judging the raging sins of America and the nations. He is destroying the secular foundations.

The prophet Jeremiah pleaded with wicked Israel, "God is fashioning a calamity against you and devising a plan against you. Oh, turn back each of you from your evil way, and reform your ways and deeds. But they will say, It's hopeless! For we are going to follow our own plans, and each of us will act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart" (Jeremiah 18:11-12).

In Psalm 11:6, David warns, "Upon the wicked he will rain snares (coals of fire)...fire...burning wind...will be the portion of their cup." Why? David answered, "Because the Lord is righteous" (v. 7). This is a righteous judgment—just as in the judgments of Sodom and in Noah's generation.

WHAT SHALL THE RIGHTEOUS DO? WHAT ABOUT GOD'S PEOPLE?

First, I give you a practical word I received for my own direction. If possible lay in store a thirty-day supply of non-perishable food, toiletries and other essentials. In major cities, grocery stores are emptied in an hour at the sign of an impending disaster.

As for our spiritual reaction, we have but two options. This is outlined in Psalm 11. We "flee like a bird to a mountain." Or, as David says, "He fixed his eyes on the Lord on his throne in heaven—his eyes beholding, his eyelids testing the sons of men" (v. 4). "In the Lord I take refuge" (v. 1).

I will say to my soul: No need to run...no need to hide. This is God's righteous work. I will behold our Lord on his throne, with his eye of tender, loving kindness watching over every step I take—trusting that he will deliver his people even through floods, fires, calamities, tests, trials of all kinds.

Note: I do not know when these things will come to pass, but I know it is not far off. I have unburdened my soul to you. Do with the message as you choose.

God bless and keep you,

In Christ,

DAVID WILKERSON

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Seems he is saying what a lot of us have been preparing for for a while.  Maybe it's getting a step closer.  Whether or not it happens, being better prepared is always good.  Everyone we talk to is thinking something is up soon.

A group of three friends - another former covert ops person all agree - things are in the works.  Time to be prepared as best we can.

Longer term food storage will give you a bit more piece of mind also.  At least we will be harder to starve out. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Jens

I was up until 4 in the morning making a mirror for our church.  After I had finished carving the recess for the broken piece of mirror, I was looking for a nice bit of scripture to carve on it.  I was hoping for something that would tie into the theme of human's destroying God's image, and him remolding us into something whole.  As I watched a movie about Jeremiah, I prayed for a passage that would go well, something that he wanted his children here to know.  I flipped through the book, pointed, and opened my eyes with my finger pointing directly at the first word of this passage.

"Daughter Babylon is like a threshing floor at the time it is trampled, the time to harvest her will soon come" -Jer 51:33

This, coupled with other dreams, visions, feelings, and passages brought to light through prayer in times of distress, make me think that he is not far off.

"If the foundations are destroyed, what can righteous people do?"  This man asks through scripture.  One can only put his trust in God.  Truly, we are only visitors here, transients, he is beginning and end, we are nothing.  None are righteous unless attributed by God, you are nothing, I am nothing, there is only God. 

If something happens to us that is inconsequential, and somebody comments on it, what do we say?  "It was nothing".  So are we, only God is, we are not.  I am not saying that we won't store up food and seed, but if your trust is in the only permanence in this world firmly placed, yeheshua...God is salvation.
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

glenn kangiser

God helps those who help themselves.  :)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Jens

Ah, but it is those who trust in Him, whom he blesses.  Many are those who will assume to be helping themselves, and so be helped by Him, and will be lost.  For:

Though the sparrow does not worry about filling a pantry, he remains fed; though the daisies of the field do not worry about their clothes, surely King Solomon himself, in all his splendor, never wore a garment so magnificent as the one the Father gives to a mere flower...to loosely quote ;D

We absolutely must make the correct choices, and take the correct precautions, just as Joseph in Egypt, yet without Him our only outcome is death, and our path destruction.  If any more evidence is needed, look at everyone who hordes gold, silver, stocks, ammunition and weapons.  The value of all of these things falls by the day!  Truly the Lord is speaking to us on these matters!  Man is stupid, pretentious, and shallow.  For all of our technology, "knowledge", and safeguards, we hold our hopes in.  Babylon conquered this country many years ago.  But she herself will be brought down in her pride.

I love all of you here.  The conversations we have are awesome.  If only we could all meet in person, and drink tea together.
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

wildbil

My wife absolutely gets pissed when I try to stock up on anything. She thinks it is a waste of money to buy extra food and water.
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
-Thomas Jefferson

glenn kangiser

Quote from: wildbil on March 09, 2009, 07:38:13 AM
My wife absolutely gets pissed when I try to stock up on anything. She thinks it is a waste of money to buy extra food and water.

Water many times comes from contaminated  -or no better than your domestic supply.   Food is another story.

Now would be a good time to change her mind.  Stores have only about 3 days stock under normal circumstances.  Maybe one under panic circumstances.  If something happens she will not have the luxury of eating.

John_C

Tell her it's an investment.  That bag of rice, wheat etc. will cost more, maybe a lot more, 6 months or a year from now.

A question for those of you who have been stockpiling food for a while.  Say you put aside a 6 mo supply of food.  Everything has a shelf life. So at some point you have to chuck it and replace it or start eating your way through a 6 mo. supply of not very fresh food.  Or, once you have the reserve, you can put it in rotation, in which case you are always eating 6 mo. old food.

How do you folks deal with that?

IronRanger

"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as authority"- G.Massey

"Freedom is just Chaos, with better lighting." - Alan Dean Foster

Windpower

I think it is interesting that many Christians are getting the same messages

My wife and I are both 'blessed' with discernment (it is a mixed blessing in that we see things others don't and when we tell people about some things they think we are  acting like know-it-alls or are just plain kooks,  makes for some interesting conversations)

we are both convinced that very difficult times are ahead and we are planning ahead

when

I don't know, but one would have to be very blind to not see what is happening and see that things are accelerating as the Lord said it would in Matt 24

"There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains."

birth pains of course increase in frequency

I see coincidences everywhere

Peter, the quote you started with here was posted on Urbansurvival today

http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm

coincidence ?

the vaccines 'accidently contaminated' with bird flu --- sorry this was no accident -- I have been to vaccine facilities many times -- the safe guards are 'bullet proof' -- thank God someone 'blew the whistle' on this deliberate attempt at genocide

wildbill -- just buy extra food "on sale" every week *wink wink*

there are indeed many wonderful people on this forum

I am not even sure how I found it  ???

another coincidence ?

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

considerations

I don't think there are coincidences.  Making a choice to be open and aware of your surroundings and the patterns that exist opens up unlimited possibilities for considered pro-action.

Stocking up is good, whether your concern is for economic hardships, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, or the end of the world as we know it.

Look how fast society broke down in New Orleans after Katrina....and how long it took for "public services" to be restored.

Prudence would dictate that one be as ready as possible to take care of oneself.

That being said, there are still lots of holes in my personal "plan", and I'm scrambling to plug them quickly!    [shocked]

considerations

"Or, once you have the reserve, you can put it in rotation, in which case you are always eating 6 mo. old food. How do you deal with that?"

The truth is, you don't really know how old the food you buy in the stores has been sitting on a shelf, or how long it took for it to get from the source to the store. Canned goods and items like mustard, ketchup, etc. (also canned) live for years without deteriorating. 

"Old" is usually a product of O2 oxidation.  So canned goods and items packed with no O2 don't get "old" for years.  (Longevity does vary based on item and manner of storage, climate control, etc.)  The flour that is ground from wheat in superpails is fresher by far than the stuff in the grocery.

Just my 2 cents worth.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: John C on March 09, 2009, 10:52:57 AM

Tell her it's an investment.  That bag of rice, wheat etc. will cost more, maybe a lot more, 6 months or a year from now.

A question for those of you who have been stockpiling food for a while.  Say you put aside a 6 mo supply of food.  Everything has a shelf life. So at some point you have to chuck it and replace it or start eating your way through a 6 mo. supply of not very fresh food.  Or, once you have the reserve, you can put it in rotation, in which case you are always eating 6 mo. old food.

How do you folks deal with that?

We are mostly storing 30 year stuff - canned stuff wheat - rice - dried onions - carrots - powdered milk.

Some is ten or twenty years.  Some is a couple years . - We just use some and rotate it out with new but adding to the storage as we go - which reminds me -- Flutterby is ordering tomorrow - I need to get ours done.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: considerations on March 09, 2009, 12:37:54 PM
"Or, once you have the reserve, you can put it in rotation, in which case you are always eating 6 mo. old food. How do you deal with that?"

The truth is, you don't really know how old the food you buy in the stores has been sitting on a shelf, or how long it took for it to get from the source to the store. Canned goods and items like mustard, ketchup, etc. (also canned) live for years without deteriorating. 

"Old" is usually a product of O2 oxidation.  So canned goods and items packed with no O2 don't get "old" for years.  (Longevity does vary based on item and manner of storage, climate control, etc.)  The flour that is ground from wheat in superpails is fresher by far than the stuff in the grocery.

Just my 2 cents worth.

The canned food we get has O2 absorbers in it -- it should last a long time.

We plan to practice using it so will rotate it out as we do but will always have the reserve - grind the red wheat to make bread - it is supposed to germinate also - so it is there if we need a crop.

Jens

And for all of you Family Guy fans, don't forget the Twinkies!

Squirl

glenn kangiser

Looking cool, Jens--- like a Viking.  :)

I am fond of the

I like the feel of them.  :)

poppy

Everybody, just take a deep breath.  As a Christian pastor, I run across this kind of "urgent message" all the time.

This person has been warning of something drastic happening for the last 10 years?!?  Umm, that time period seems to include Sept. 11, 2001.  What was said after that event?

Folks, ever since people learned to record their thoughts for future generations to read, these kind of messages have been proffered.

I get tired of those who would attempt to take Holy Scripture and apply it to some situation and predict doom and gloom.  Christianity is all about the Good News, not the bad.

Having said this, I am reminded that I need to stop stockpiling ammo and think about some food and water stores.  We can all take a lesson from the Mormons who IIRC stockpile a one year's supply.

Being prepared is not about some holy reckoning, but being realistic about the aftermath of some event, like Katrina, or even the Sept. 14, 2008 storm that put hundreds of thousands in the dark around my part of the country.

God's actions in history are all about rescue and salvation; being saved and redeemed; not holy wars and distruction.

God bless everyone, peace out.  Preacher Dale

StinkerBell

I totally agree with you poppy.

Over 2 years ago, December 2007 we had lost power for a week. The whole areas was in a bad state. We had horrific wind storms. Now these were just wind storms that knocked out power. The ER I worked at the time was limited. We could take emergencies in the sense they did not need things like a MRI. The ER would make sure that people were stable and then would have them moved to another hospital that had power (We have one in the region that is always first to get power on line, but at the sametime they have state of the art generators and can be self sufficient for a long long time)....... A week without power during a very very cold snap. We had people trying to camp out in the ER, seeing we had heat. We had some who refused to go to a shelter and demanded to stay at the hospital. "We would never go to a shelter!" Pride is a funny thing. ANYWAYS...My point, is that we had loss power strictly from wind storms. A 3 days Supply at best was a joke, this was a wind storm. Something not that uncommon in the grand scheme of things. Now just imagine if it was an earthquake. The wind storm did no damage to infra structure like roads and bridges, but it still took a week (some even longer) to get power. I was lucky that I happened to fill my gas tank to get back and forth to work that week. If it was an earthquake that wiped out power, it could have been weeks even months. 3 day supply is suppose to hold you until the local government can help? ummmm no. That is not what we saw at all. They too had no power. No power, no grocery stores, no filling up your gas tank, no heat. The reality is you need a months supply and even then if we had an earthquake that week instead of a wind storm, it is my belief that it would hae been weeks before help could really filter down to us.

bayview

Thanks for responding poppy . . . 

Fear-mongers may have other motives.  (Money?)
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

Jens

Quote from: poppy on March 11, 2009, 02:18:02 PM
I agree with you as well, except for,

I get tired of those who would attempt to take Holy Scripture and apply it to some situation and predict doom and gloom.  Christianity is all about the Good News, not the bad.

First, remember that there is a lot more to the Bible, than simple, blatant love.  Sometimes the most loving thing a father can do is punish his children when they do wrong.

God's actions in history are all about rescue and salvation; being saved and redeemed; not holy wars and distruction.

Except for little things like, oh Babylon, Sodom and Gomorrah, the sacking of Jerusalem, the sacking of Jerusalem, the scattering of the tribes, the persecution of the first Christians, martyrdom, etc, etc.  These things actually are rescue and salvation, but it is of a different sort that is not so plain faced.

God bless everyone, peace out.  Preacher Dale

You too, and thank you, peace be upon you.

MountainDon

I was going to leave this topic alone.  [waiting]

I just want to say that I do not believe any of these "Doomsday is coming... it's next Thursday" things. I've yet to hear one that was accurate, or they are too general that if they're a little off on the timing they can twist events to fit the prophesy. I hope that doesn't send me directly to hell; do not pass thru the pearly gates.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

muldoon

Quote from: MountainDon on March 11, 2009, 09:35:45 PM
I was going to leave this topic alone.  [waiting]

I just want to say that I do not believe any of these "Doomsday is coming... it's next Thursday" things. I've yet to hear one that was accurate, or they are too general that if they're a little off on the timing they can twist events to fit the prophesy. I hope that doesn't send me directly to hell; do not pass thru the pearly gates.

Don, if your going to hell for refusing to live in fear, I'll be there with you.  and I'll brew the beer for the both of us. 

That being said, fear is a powerful motivating factor, and it's not surprise the governments and churches have used it for centuries to guide their people.  I have been as negative as anyone on this forum on the economy and whats going on but I have never described a mad max scenario.   I dont believe that is even possible for us in this country in this decade.  I do see the scenarios where things can get seriously bad, but if we were going to hard crash, it would have happened last fall.  Were in for the slow grind downwards in my opinion, as Mr. Raabe called it, the muddle through.   Whatever will come, those of us who live smaller than their means and keep our ears and eyes open will do significantly better than many others. 

MountainDon

Quote from: muldoon on March 11, 2009, 10:29:04 PM
...I have been as negative as anyone on this forum on the economy and whats going on but I have never described a mad max scenario...

That's one of the things I appreciate about you; I simply never vocalized on it much before, if at all.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

sparks

Hhhhhmmmmm....Friday the Thirteenth is less than 26 hours away....

Wonder what I should wear.....light or dark clothing?

sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......