Dead in the water

Started by Redoverfarm, February 20, 2008, 03:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

At least there is one in the US and I got it.  My minister has a hobby with the old "putt putt" motors and frequents the engine boards.  He found a person who said he had one. Low and behold he did and mailed it to him.  The $24 part that was unavailable through the Briggs and Stratton dealers cost me $5 including shipping.  Isn't the internet swell.  So if anyone knows the whereabouts of any "putt putts" let me know.  Still some around buried under piles of junk in old barns and outbuildings but just like everything else that is *old and reliable they are in great demand and hard to find.

* Doesn't apply to people

glenn kangiser

You are speaking of hit and miss engines?
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

Yes Glenn. Not really sure what the proper name for them are.  I remember they used to be popular with the first washing machines.  Just a little before my time when they were used.

glenn kangiser

I used to belong to this club and have quite a few of them.  Planning to bring them up here one of these days -- got a couple old things here now.  Sassy and I don't count.  Maybe we should start an antique machinery thread :)

Not all of the old ones were hit and miss - that was a method of limiting speed.  They would only fire as rpms dropped enough to need another stroke of power when not working then as the load kept the rpms down they would fire every time.   [cool]

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

Anyone out there have a Fimco garden sprayer.  I got a 15 gallon last year and never used it until today trying to spray Cimarron on the Multi-flora roses.  Should have been done last year but I was too busy.  Anyway I was on my third tank and it just quite working.  Checked the line and there is power getting to the rocker switch.  Checked for fuses but there is none.   Don't mind something breaking down but hate it when it is something new. Like always it couldn't break down on a weekday always a weekend and a holiday to boot.  I eliminated everything except the pump which will probably be what it turns out to be the problem.  Does anyone know if there is a fuse inside the pump housing?  Now I have the price of gold in the tank and no way to use.  It was $70 for 2 ounces.

glenn kangiser

Redoverfarm

Thanks Glenn.  I got the manual and couldn't find anyhing to help.  There FAQ section wasn't much help either.  Pump's made in China.  I will check at Southern States or call factory on Tuesday to see if they will send another pump.  I have a hand sprayer that I guess I could use to empty the tank.  Some of the roses are way over my head.  Be a lot of hand pumping the small tank. 

Do you have any of these to contend with out west. Nasty to eradicate.