OK tornados

Started by muldoon, May 24, 2011, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muldoon

On top of earlier this week it looks like today was a pretty bad day for most of OK, prayers going out to those affected and gentle nudge for those forum members to check in. 

StinkerBell

I have not heard from HGT :( last post I readof hers was 2 hours ago :(
I am very concerned.

peternap

Prayers sent Muldoon. Just waiting now.

Boy this has been a nasty spring. Even here, a bad storm just passed over me. Watches, warnings and sighted touchdowns all around us.
I can't imagine what Ok. is like.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

ScottA

We're still here but there's another big storm comming.

peternap

Quote from: ScottA on May 24, 2011, 08:43:46 PM
We're still here but there's another big storm comming.

Glad you're OK Scott.
I'm watching the storms on radar and it looks like the whole Eastern side of the state still has some battering on the way.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

Yes, glad your well Scott.

StinkerBell

Just read a post from HGT. She and her family as of now are doing fine.

Homegrown Tomatoes

All is well here.  It went all around us on just about every side.  We got some sideways rain and twisty wind, and some small hail, but it was over with pretty quick.  Weird thing was that when it was raining so hard, this Go Fish card comes floating down in the midst of the wind like a feather on a gentle breeze.   As soon as the storm passed, the girls ran out to see what it was or if it was someone's family picture, and it was a game card, presumably debris from one of the earlier tornadoes south of us.  However, I did get some classic family video of the dog knocking middle daughter face first in the mudpuddle she was playing in right after the worst of the storm passed. :)  Hope all of those in TX, AR, and MO who are getting it now are doing OK.  Joplin is a sad, sad deal...

Homegrown Tomatoes

And by the way, I think the next major building project should be a storm cellar.

astidham

I was worried about the potential of storms, not having a storm cellar.
I sent my Wife, Daughters, and Brother to EL RENO of all places to escape the storm.
earlier in the day it was not in the severe path.
as soon as the got to the hotel, a tornado was on the ground a mile from them.
they were not harmed, Thank GOD!!!!
I'm still upset with myself over what i put them through.....
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

muldoon

Sounds scary astidham, I was watching the live stream from kfor earlier today when they announced an F4 in El Reno.  Glad to hear they are ok, and glad to see Scott and Homegrown pipe up as well. 

A storm cellar is not really something I have thought about much, but it is on my mind tonight.  I have heard in the past about people having concrete septic tanks buried with defined access for storms, I wonder what other DIY options may be available... 

StinkerBell

Interesting idea muldoon. My only concern is to make sure I was not trapped in one. Large debris on top could make it impossible for escape, I would think.

astidham

a local company installs them, shelter and all for $2500.00.
not a bad investment.
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

ScottA

I think Glens whole house is a storm shelter.

Storm fizzled before it got to us. Just some wind and rain.

Sassy

Glad everyone's ok - astidham, that must have been very scary for you & your family! 

I don't know how our place would handle a bad tornado - there's parts that stick out of the ground...  but we don't have them up here that I know of... 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

rwanders

So good to see many familiar posters checking in from tornado areas. Been through a few in Illinois and North Carolina---they often came through after dark. i really hated/dreaded those----couldn't even look west to see the clouds gathering with that weird green light. In NC I was staying in a trailer park while working a project----really really hated that.

Even if you aren't a praying person, say one tonight for those folks---it won't hurt you at all.

RW
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

Rob_O

There's a line of severe storms bearing down on us in the Midwest tonight. Currently the line stretches from Jackson, MS to Chicago. Couple touchdowns reported already tonight and more expected.
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

Don_P

We've been too close a few times for my comfort. Spent a night trying to hide a camper behind a sandhill in Nebraska as one stirred up the place we were staying. Luckily no tornado's in the past couple of weeks nearby but hail and trees down lately. It's easy to forget on a nice calm sunny day, these are the days you are designing your shelter for.

Native_NM

Quote from: muldoon on May 24, 2011, 10:04:37 PM
Sounds scary astidham, I was watching the live stream from kfor earlier today when they announced an F4 in El Reno.  Glad to hear they are ok, and glad to see Scott and Homegrown pipe up as well. 

A storm cellar is not really something I have thought about much, but it is on my mind tonight.  I have heard in the past about people having concrete septic tanks buried with defined access for storms, I wonder what other DIY options may be available... 

Concrete safe rooms are becoming more popular.  With a little planning one could even adapt John's floorplan and building method to incorporate a FEMA-approved safe room.
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

Danfish

In case you all missed it, Northern California had 4 official torrnados on Wednesday...one of which destroyed a two car garage!  Mother Nature is tired of us on "her" planet.

ScottA

Quote from: Danfish on May 26, 2011, 09:45:51 AM
In case you all missed it, Northern California had 4 official torrnados on Wednesday...one of which destroyed a two car garage!  Mother Nature is tired of us on "her" planet.

Either that or someone else has figured out how to use tornados as a weapon.

Native_NM

Quote from: Danfish on May 26, 2011, 09:45:51 AM
In case you all missed it, Northern California had 4 official torrnados on Wednesday...one of which destroyed a two car garage!  Mother Nature is tired of us on "her" planet.

I hear they did two million dollars worth of improvements!    :P
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

glenn kangiser

You nailed it Scott.  Practice makes perfect.  What better place to practice than close to home?  [noidea'

Due to my pilots training I have been watching these Frankenclouds for years yet most only call me crazy when I mention them.

Weather is like water.  Throw a rock in a pond and the ripples go everywhere.  Artificial clouds here shade the ground creating a low pressure area as it cools.  High pressure from unsprayed areas rushes in to fill the low pressure area creating all kinds of weather anomalies.  Haarp is likely capable of steering the jet stream by heating the Ionosphere.  With practice they can make it do what they want.

Scott Stevens says they can measure the effects of their experiments with satellites with the grids you often see overhead such as this one at my worksite last week.  California is covered with these grids.

Look above the steel - normal clouds will form in the cool low pressure area below the grids of spreading aerosol trails.

QuoteWeather Warfare

"Others [terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves... So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations...It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our [counterterrorism] efforts." Secretary of Defense William Cohen at an April 1997 counterterrorism conference sponsored by former Senator Sam Nunn.

http://weatherwars.info/

Scott knew enough about the fake weather and experimentation as a weatherman to research it for himself.  He says we no longer see natural weather.  You know that the weather service is now overseen by two levels of military.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO409F.html  

Owning the weather by 2025.  Forget the disclaimer - I think it is just a cover their ass note.  They are doing what this paper states is a possible scenario.  You don't own something and be good at it if you don't practice.  Couple that with the elites desired depopulation of the world - (Georgia Guidestones ) and there you have another conspiracy... (RW - jump on that - would you?)  :)

These are not normal clouds - note the evidence of ELF waves (HAARP) in the clouds.  There were none like that in my weather studies.

Note the obvious spray lines in this pix besides the waves...  Yu will see two bluer areas between spread sprays.

Hmm Second pix is not posting..... oh well - nobody  can see it anyway... [ouch]

OK ... now call me crazy and ignore it so you will feel better about it..... [waiting]

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: muldoon on May 24, 2011, 10:04:37 PM

"The $50 and up Underground House" is as good and cheap as it gets.

www.undergroundhousing.com   Our buddy, Mike Oehler.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

rwanders

"OK ... now call me crazy and ignore it so you will feel better about it..... "

OK Glenn,  You Crazy!

You're right---I do feel better.

it was good for me.
                    Was it good for you too?

Fess Up Glenn, Global Warming is your doing isn't it?  Both begin with a 'G'!      Coincidence?

I think not!.........                              
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida