another new family member

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, February 16, 2010, 03:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

;D ;D  no, we're not having twins.

Maybe I should not read the classifieds in the Sunday paper....
On Valentine's Day, we ended up with the newest member of our clan-- A seven week old Anatolian Shepherd dog named Goliath. :) 

Our good old Grover passed away a few days after Christmas, and we were really missing him.  Not only that, the cat was really missing him because no one was defending her from the mean stray cats that come around and bully her.   If I can remember how to add a picture, I'll try to post one of our pup soon.

Redoverfarm

Scared me for a second.  I was getting ready to tell you to stop drinking the water at your new place.  Had to look that breed up.

RainDog

New pups are great!

Sorry to hear about your recent loss, though. My old rottweiler passed not too long ago, so I know it can be rougher than one might suppose.
NE OK

Homegrown Tomatoes

After having Grover around longer than my husband or kids, it was a big loss, but I take comfort in the fact that he didn't suffer at all.  On Christmas, I was playing in the snow with him, throwing a ball for him to chase.  Two days later, he just laid down and breathed his last.  He was a really good dog, and there isn't any replacing him.

Goliath is much more laid back and calm than Grover was....so far, he's been the least destructive puppy I've ever seen.  And, I figure that he is a dual-purpose doggy: he's both the future guard dog for the family and he will keep the kids from begging me for a horse at 130-150 lbs.  No one has told him yet that he is not a lap dog.   d*