An early Christmas and my 7th...or maybe 8th childhood.

Started by peternap, December 12, 2007, 07:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

My wife decided to give me my Christmas present early today. When I went through my first childhood, I bought a goldwing, second childhood, a 280Z, third, a 750 Honda...so on..

Well...I now have a Whizzer

No tags or license, 100 MPG, 45 MPH (with a simple mod to the carb 35 MPH stock)...Being childish with an understanding wife is great. BTW the basic design is unchanged since the 40's :) :) :) :) :) [cool] c* c* c*
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

[cool]  I have memories of those. We had a neighbor with a Whizzer when I was a young teen.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

My wife doesn't like to shop for me at Christmas.  She saws all I want are tools and she is afraid she will get the wrong thing.  Thank goodness for a color printer and the net. Now when she ask for a list I just copy and hand her the pages.  I am not a scrooge but I really don't need anything and my feelings wouldn't be hurt if I got a lump of coal.  It's for the kids.

Peter don't you know those things are dangerous.  I had two Goldwings. First I totaled in Bayone NJ on my way to Nova Scotia.  Rode alot then 84 model had for 12 months and had 13,000 miles. His insurance on a 76 Monte Carlo in NJ is not enough. Barely covered my bike , trailer and hosp bills(nothing serious).  But I am hard headed and waited a year and bought a 87 Aspencade. Had it 12 years with only 18,000 miles.  Then the boy came into the picture and needed a farm tractor worse. Sold it to my BIL and got the tractor.  Nice thing about it is that I can still use it if I want.  Haven't been on it since.

peternap

Peter don't you know those things are dangerous.

I know it ...but it's just so much fun :)

I've been an avid bicycle rider for years. I rode up to 20 miles a day. But with my knee and leg going west, I haven't done it for about a year. This is a nice in between sport and is as much bicycle as motorcycle.

Gas is a consideration too. We have a Focus that gets good milage but I have a diesel eating truck and my wife has a gas guzzling Landrover. The Focus just gets used for trips back to the Valley.

The whizzer is perfect for errands. I filled it up with gas this evening for $1.00 [cool]
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!