Wal-Mart Great Value milk

Started by Robert_Flowers, December 11, 2007, 06:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_Flowers

Cindy got this from he boss may be true may be not. ???

WOW!! I LOOKED THIS UP ON SNOPES AND ITS "PRETTY MUCH" TRUE.
THE GOVERNMENT PROBABLY JUST WANTS YOU TO NOT BE AWARE . PERSONALLY....I WON'T BUY ANYMORE.

WAL-MART MILK: Just in case any of you shop at Wal-Mart like me, you Might want to reconsider buying their Milk after reading this... Please read This and pass along to as many people as you can think of. Mitzi Lyons and Her husband Kyle live in Gainesville, TX.

Their daughter, Marissa, has been experiencing menstrual problems (bleeding every day) for three years and within the last year; she started Producing milk (lactating). They have performed every test, every surgery, put her on birth control and in January were scheduled to undergo a hysterectomy.

NEVERTHELESS,
Mitzi's dad started researching his granddaughter's condition on the internet found out about RBST in milk. RBST is a hormone injected into cows to produce more milk. Wal-Mart Great Value milk contains RBST and is the brand that the Lyons family has used for years. Three months ago, they pulled Marissa off Great Value Milk and she quit bleeding and lactating.
Her doctors in Houston are going to write a medical journal discovery about Her case, because the FDA says that RBST is safe. Mitzi asked me to please Share this with everyone I could think of to I hope that save someone the pain and suffering that Marissa has endured. I have pulled my family from Wal-Mart Great Value milk and bought Borden instead. Borden has a label on their milk that states that RBST is not used on their cows.

Robert

MountainDon

I've also read somewhere that while Canada  banned the use of RBST it was also because of the increased production not being needed as Canada's milk production is government controlled and the extra milk would play havoc with the plans.   :-\  Snopes mentions that it was found to be causing some kind of cow udder irritation.  :-\

BST is present naturally and I've read that it's impossible to tell BST from RSBT on the molecular level.   :-\

I hardly ever drink milk anyhow.  :-\

I like snopes for looking up stuff like this and other hoax related stuff.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Yes, they may be the same on the molecular level, but as I've said before, the problem isn't low production.  The problem is the distribution of food.  Besides, I feel sorry for the cows... most commercial dairies use Holsteins which are inbred so much they look like some sort of Frankencow, and their poor udders are already stretched to the max when they are producing... can you imagine forcing the old girls to make even more milk???  They already make more than a calf can consume...people are just greedy!  Another way to make a buck... in my opinion, why not trust the cows to do what they already do naturally?

benevolance

back in NS all they use is Holstein cows for milk and I worked for several years on a dairy farm... no inbreeding... but they did away with the bull... Well sort of... bulls still exist they just artifically insert sperm into the heifer to get her pregnant... The farmers have detailed notes on bloodlines and all of that...At least every one I have worked on... They look at lineage much like horsebreeders who try to produce champions

But yeah it is a hard life being a cow... bred over and over and then slaughtered when you get old and dry up...

I believe that the milk is changing people... friend of mine has a daughter and she is like 10 looks like she is 19 gone through the flowering thing...D cups breasts at the age of 10 folks... Surely this is not natural? They are blaming it on the milk

i do not think it a small coincidence that we see all these changes as we start radically changing the food we eat

Homegrown Tomatoes

Probably not just the milk... I'm sure the way we raise all food animals in this country is not helping.  I am not a PETA member by any means, and I wouldn't want to live without my steaks and chicken, milk and eggs, BUT I think the way they are raised and cared for is really important.  Cooping animals up and making them eat things they weren't meant to eat and draining them for every cotton-picking dollar we can make is just wrong.  I was an animal science major for three years in college, but changed my major when I realized that it was all about money and not animal welfare (as well as human welfare.)  I remember a discussion about ag with one of my favorite professors where he recommended that the US produced enough meat to solve malnutrition in India, so I said, "So, how're  you going to get Hindus to eat your feed lot cattle?  Is that why we overproduce and then try to force our neighbors to eat corn-fed beef so that Hindus can eat steak?  I suppose next you'll suggest that we send our surplus swine to the Middle East?"