Confusion

Started by StinkerBell, November 30, 2007, 02:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

I am really confused about something I heard. Now be nice to me cause I am still processing what I heard and what I think.

So, what I heard from someone running for President (can't remember cause what was said I am thinking hard about).
"People are going hungry" Now I do believe that there are those who are going hungry. I have yet to hear there are those who have died of starvation (super models do not count) . Plus it is just bothering me cause I switch channels and the news reports how fat Americans are.

Anyone want to explain this to me in a way I can process it better?

Thanks in Advance.

ScottA

What he/she meant to say was that they need more tax money and if they tell you they are taking your money to feed hungry people you won't feel as bad about being robbed.

StinkerBell

tanya

Well there are hungry people inthe US but it is not because we don't pay enough taxes to feed them it is because  the government agencies are systematically shirking their responsibilities!!!

Personal case:  I have an adult son with chronic persistant mental illness.  He was assigned a guardian when the state determined that I was financially exploiting him and neglect.  Well I can assure you I was not financially exploiting him, nor neglecting him.  In fact when push came to shove the state had to back down on those assertions.  NOW though he has several people appointed to care for his interests ALL AT THE EXPENSE OF TAX DOLLARS!!! oh yes, he has his state paid guardian. a Mental health case manager, An Adult and aging services social worker AND COURT ORDERED ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES OVERSITE...  Those in bold are the DSHS agencies...  So well known for shirking athte expense of our tax dollars.  WEll HE came home here to the Mountains for Thanksgiving.... IN old worn out tennis shoes with NO laces... IT is below 20 degrees here...  A coat that doesn't zip...  Only one pair of socks to his name... Only one pair of pants to his name....  no long sleeve shirts, and only two t-shirts.  SInce the state has taken over his care his home has been the homeless shelter....
NOW I don't think that the homeless shelter is appropriate long term placement for our mentally ill populations they are set up for temporary services not to handle the states shirked responsibilities.  I think it is not to much to expect that with several case workers a persons basic clothing needs be provided for.  I mean really WTF each and every one of these professionals are PAID by taxpayers a decent living wage to PROVIDE SAFETY AND SERVICES not to sit on their asses and collect a check...  Now I have once again bought my son boots, pants, etc... BUt they want him back at the homeless shelter so his medication (which he doesn't take very often) can be monitored???  This is the third time I have resupplied his clothing needs since the state took over, each and every time they dissapear.  I don't have the money to keep resupplying these items and it isn't my responsibilty.  They are responsible for protecting his interests, including making sure he is not taken advantage of where people help themselves to his belongings.  OK so maybe we are not starving right now but it sure isn't far off and if it weren't for the homeless shelter picking up the states SLACKERS well..... A LOT of the most vulnerable people in our country would be starving to death.  And in fact we do see children starving TO DEATH (search Tyler Deleon Colville WA) due to those same state DSHS SLACKERS  ACCOUNTABILITY ANYONE????  How is that for a rant???   
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.

glenn kangiser

Good one, Tanya.  Thanks.  Government in general, sucks.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

williet

Good post Tanya. We're gonna pay tax anyway, so why not spend it on American citizens?

When a Republican says we're not gonna raise tax...they mean on the very rich....and when a Democrat says we're going to have to raise tax...it usually means to pay for the waste of a Republican.

After the Bush/Cheney gang is done (IF they ever get done) anyone in Washington for the next century will have to raise tax money to pay the bills......The people who support Shrub should stop their crying about a future tax burden...it's time to pay the piper!

They put him there and they supported his waste of our country (lives, money, reputation)...now they get to man-up and start paying the bills! (trouble is, those of us who see Bush & Cheney for what they are get to PAY too...and so do our great grand kids!!!!)

tanya

I agree with you Willie because I remember saying a very similar thing when they voted in that guy again the second time and now all the middle class is going broke while the corporate rich get richer I mean really, where did they think the money was going to come from?  The rich ha ha ha... The poor?  They area lready to far gone to support themselves let alone a big war, no it all fell on the unsuspecting and oh so tructing middle class... it is to bad that people didn't remember that last administration that tried the trickle down economics or the savings and loan scandles oh and it is jsut as mucht he democrats fault if they had wanted to win that election for real they would have had it in a heartbeat it doesn't take all that much to refresh the memories.  This whole thing accross the board has been nothing mroe than an attempt by the corporates to take our rights, make people more poor and vulnerable and grab as much damn money as possible in the process.  I think the damn citizens should say they are not paying one more red cent until the moneyt hat is being doled out is accounted for and agencies are held to the most basic of professional and ethical standards at a minimum. 
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free