2stage foundation pour

Started by busted knuckles, October 14, 2015, 02:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busted knuckles

I am considering a concrete footing with concrete piers. Is it possible to do the piers after the footing has set? In 2 stages?  The cold joint would have rebar holding it together. Would that work? How about if it was keyed along with the rebar? Footing size is 15x24' , 5 piers per 24' run.
you know that mugshot of Nick Nolte? I wish I looked that good.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: busted knuckles on October 14, 2015, 02:08:33 PM
I am considering a concrete footing with concrete piers. Is it possible to do the piers after the footing has set? In 2 stages?  The cold joint would have rebar holding it together. Would that work? How about if it was keyed along with the rebar? Footing size is 15x24' , 5 piers per 24' run.

Shouldn't be a problem.  I would locate where the piers are going and extend some rebar vertical at that location from within the footing tied to your rebar footing( L shape).  If using sono-tubes make sure they are level and plumb from the footing and rebar enhanced.  Laying block same would apply.  Normally keyways are for wall on top of footings and would not really help in this situation as it would be a very short run.

busted knuckles

you know that mugshot of Nick Nolte? I wish I looked that good.