McCain & Obama

Started by desdawg, August 16, 2008, 09:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desdawg

I saw some of McCain & Obamas forum tonight. McCain said he was not in favor of raising taxes but rather cutting expenses. He said do you realize that we spent 3 million dollars studying the DNA of bears in Montana. He said he wasn't sure if it was a paternity issue or a criminal issue. Somehow I missed Obama's answer to the tax issue question as I was running around when he got asked that question. I like McCains attitude about this type of pork barrell spending. I guess I should have sat still and watched the entire thing but I needed to feed my dogs and Obama's time seemed the opportune moment.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

peternap

I think this election has already been decided Des. I just don't know who the winner is. In this election. more than any I can remember. voters have already decided who to vote for (or against).
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

sparks

Well, I watched the whole show. They both said what their supporters wanted to hear.

Myself, I believe the conventions will contain much more fireworks.

Denver could be real interesting.

VP's??  ???
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

MikeC

I don't know who the "winner" will be either, but I do know who the loser will be.  US

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

desdawg

I didn't need to worry about the part I missed. It has been on over and over again since then either in part or in whole. Kind of like the commercials. I am so sick of seeing the same crap repeated. All I have to do to induce vomiting is hear Billy Mays voice just one more time. Then there is Majic Jack or whatever. I have been trying to watch more these days. I used to ignore all of that crap. But here I am in the heat of the summer not really wanting to go outside unless I need to. My age is showing. When the candidates actually have to pick their running mates and alienate the rest there could be fireworks. Somehow I get the idea Bill Clinton and Obama could have fireworks at any given moment. Then we will have to listen to all the expert analysts that I have never heard of explain how they made the wrong choices. Of the two I would have to say McCain comes closest to where I am at. And only then with serious reservations about a number of things.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

Mad Dog

These guys are nothing more than 2 different shades of grey.  Until people stop buying into the 2 party system that "they" so eagerly provide for us, the American people are in for the "same old, same old".  It would be nice if politicians stopped treating the Constitution like a piece of toilet paper, but I guess I'm dreaming.  The sheep are so easily led to the slaughter.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

glenn kangiser

They are the choices you are allowed.  Not the choices you would vote for for the good of the country.  They are what the world bankers and big business will allow.  The vote is a sham to make you feel responsible for their actions and like you had a part in the say of what they do in your name.  Your vote is stolen if only for them to use to get the one they would like to work with most besides the fact that both figurehead puppets are total crap.

You will not find a choice who will improve things for the working class, stop killing for oil, no-bid contracts or the transfer of money from the taxpayers and working class to big business.  Most corporations pay no taxes.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Mad Dog

Glenn, you ever wonder why common sense isn't so common any more?  It's as if most people, can't see what's right in front of their face.  Pretty pathetic state of affairs if you ask me. 

glenn kangiser

It is the programming afforded by TV, sports, team spirit, answering to bells and whistles at public schools --- programming to not question authority.  Follow along unquestioningly.  You can only do the thing you are trained for - plumber - don't pick up a hammer - electrician, don't pick up a trowel, working class - don't try to lead the country - sit back continue shopping - nevermind the man behind the curtain.

They are trying to steal our common sense by insurance and lawyers - litigation for everything - no one is ever at fault because they are stupid or did a stupid thing.  There is always a lawyer willing to take up your case and make you a small fortune from the cup of spilled hot coffee, and him another payment on his big fortune.   Stupid, stupid, stupid.  d*

We are being trained to be little stupid machines playing along in the system of the elite.  No thought for ourselves.  That's what they want.

Resist.  Dare to learn everybody's trades - you are not the mind limited little idiots they want you to think you are.   Dare to look at a book, the net , ask questions from someone who knows.  Dare to figure out that the politicians, world leaders, bankers, moneychangers want you to remain stupid and oblivious to your real abilities and see them for what they are.  Thieves using us as slaves to their war/oil/money machines.

Dare to think for yourselves.  Dare to open your eyes and your minds. 

Dare to re-find common sense and go back to the time when a man's word was his contract.

(At this time that one must be used with caution.  Many are not trustworthy but it is a goal to work toward and you can start using it as you find more people you can trust to be true friends.  These are the ones you can trust to cover your back).

Mad Dog

Glenn, I couldn't have said it better myself.  I could rant on and on about it, but you summed it up pretty well. ;D  It's nice to know that there are at least some out there that are like minded.  c*

glenn kangiser

Thanks, Mad Dog.  My second grade teacher taught me who to look out for -- she was one of the meanest teachers I ever had but at least showed me that and the fact that we shouldn't limit our learning abilities by the class we are put in by others.  She gave you whatever you could handle  - we had 3 grades in one room but she gave us work even above those grades.  I was doing 9th grade algebra in the second grade.  The downside is that the next 10 years of school were many times very boring.

Nice to see people come here with their eyes open and nice to hope that others will open theirs through what they learn.

Sassy

Quote from: glenn kangiser on August 18, 2008, 10:16:38 AM
They are the choices you are allowed.  Not the choices you would vote for for the good of the country.  They are what the world bankers and big business will allow.  The vote is a sham to make you feel responsible for their actions and like you had a part in the say of what they do in your name.  Your vote is stolen if only for them to use to get the one they would like to work with most besides the fact that both figurehead puppets are total crap.

You will not find a choice who will improve things for the working class, stop killing for oil, no-bid contracts or the transfer of money from the taxpayers and working class to big business.  Most corporations pay no taxes.

U.S. banking giant switches billions in debt to Britain to avoid paying corporation tax for 60 years

Daily Mail | August 15, 2008

Merrill Lynch might not pay any corporation tax for the next 60 years, it emerged today.

The giant American investment bank, which employs thousands in the City, has made losses of $29 billion (£15 billion) for its exposure to the U.S. subprime mortgage crisis.

But it has charged the amount to its British arm, meaning it can offset the losses against corporation tax for decades to come.

Accountants say that the move, which is set to spark anger among ordinary taxpayers, is legal but unusual.  con't at link

http://www.infowars.com/?p=3989
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

desdawg

Interesting but I am confused. I can understand moving income away from the tax structure but not losses. I guess there are a lot of things I don't understand.

glenn kangiser

Just a guess but offshore income is about the only one that's supposed to be legally taxed so maybe they moved the losses overseas to offset any offshore income...and maybe I'm all wrong. d*

Sassy

Yeah it confused me too - but Enron doesn't have anything on the creative financing/banking system of today...  there's a documentary that will be playing around the country on 8/21 at major theaters called IOUSA - Warren Buffet is interviewed in depth as well as others - wonder if the real truth will come out... the same movie company as the "Super Size Me" documentary has produced it.  

http://www.agorafinancial.com/iousa/movietrailer.html

I'm thinking about going since I have to be in town Thursday eve for an early class on Friday - hopefully it isn't a lot of propaganda...  

Bush & cronies have loosened & changed the rules & laws so much - remember, Bush was a good friend of Kenneth Lay CEO of Enron & Cheney met with the heads of the energy/oil companies to plan out how to gouge the USA citizen...  Bush & Cheney have continued to refuse to release the records...  I assume there will just be more of the same with Obama & McCain... >:( d*

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

ScottA

I love how what used to be called crooked is now called creative financing.

desdawg

Quote from: ScottA on August 18, 2008, 02:49:59 PM
I love how what used to be called crooked is now called creative financing.
rofl rofl

Pox Eclipse

The funny thing about that bear DNA joke is that while McCain mocks that bill, but doesn't tell the audience that he actually voted for it:

QuoteDespite the fun McCain had ridiculing the bear project on the Senate floor, he didn't actually try to remove it from the bill. He did introduce several amendments, including three to reduce funding for projects he considered wasteful or harmful, but none removing the grizzly bear project appropriations. And despite his criticisms, he voted in favor of the final bill.

So what does that tell us about McCain?  Is he deliberately trying to deceive us, or is he senile and doesn't remember voting for it?

desdawg

Well that is pretty interesting. I thought he was foo-fooing it because he opposed it. One would draw that conslusion based on the context from which it was taken. He was discussing excessive spending. I guess I am too gullable. I just received a request for a contribution addressed from Mr. McCain. I will print this article and send it back in their postage paid envelope along with a little letter of my own. Then I guess I better look out for the black helicopters.

glenn kangiser

Tell him to have his wife lend him a few mil after he has spent all of his social security check.

desdawg

I was thinking more of telling him he needs to talk out of just one side of his mouth at a time. I can write a pretty mean letter when I get down to it. I think he needs to get in touch with the lingering uncommitted voter sentiment. And I am from his home state for what little that is worth.

glenn kangiser

The state of confusion?

I'm sure you have it more together than he does, des. rofl.

desdawg

Confusion it is. We all have our comfort zones. Some times I wonder if I am getting old timers. My shoes usually match and my belt is usually buckled. My wardrobe is simple. I have jeans and t-shirts. It's really a bear when you get up and can't decide what to wear.  d*

glenn kangiser

...but it's a real downer when you find out late morning that you have been running all around town with your fly opened. d*

No wonder that cute little clerk had a problem maintaining eye contact as she spoke.