Happy New Year!!!!!

Started by peternap, January 01, 2008, 07:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Thanks Peter - I was a bit burned out last night and forgot it was a new year until this morning.  Forgot to go up on top the house to see if I could see fireworks even.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

williet

A Happy New Year to everyone!

Lots'a fire works here last night. The local kids spent lots and lots of money.

Daddymem

Myspace Comments - Happy Nude Year" border="0
Darn, I mixed up another holiday...
Où sont passées toutes nos nuits de rêve?
Aide-moi à les retrouver.
" I'm an engineer Cap'n, not a miracle worker"

http://littlehouseonthesandpit.wordpress.com/

Willy

Well I made it to another New Year! Hope this one will be as good as the last one was. Only around 60-90 days till I can start my cabin. Allways seems to take longer to get the snow off the ground when you want it gone! I can work in the snow but doing the pier foundation is hard when the ground is frozen. Happy New Year to all!! Mark

glenn kangiser

Dang Daddymem.  That resembles someone I've seen -- somewhere. hmm
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

Daddymem.....LOL!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Homegrown Tomatoes

My husband can't pronounce "year" to save his life and it always comes out sounding like "Happy New Ear!" when he says it.  Our smart aleck daughter has already picked up on it and is messing with her dad today saying, "Glad you got a new EAR, Daddy!"   ;D

peternap

My husband can't pronounce "year" to save his life and it always comes out sounding like "Happy New Ear!" when he says it.  Our smart aleck daughter has already picked up on it and is messing with her dad today saying, "Glad you got a new EAR, Daddy!"   Grin

That's funny! And Daddymem..... [shocked]

OK another of my boring, private joke, you need ESP to understand...stories.

My inlaws, may they rest in peace, were from Richmond. The Richmond accent is a very put on southern drawl. No one really has an authentic accent like that, they just watch too much TV.

Anyway, they pronounced Merry Christmas as Murry Chrustmas.

Not being one to let a good poke in the ribs get by me, I would always go into the Christmas parties and while my wife gave me the "You'd better not!", look, announce in a clear voice.....HO, Ho, Ho....Murry Chrustmas youins!

Then I'd get stir friy for a week (That's a punishment and I eat a lot of stir fry). :-\

OH.....I'd like to add that I'm from the Mountains of Virginia, soooooooo, I have NO accent at all! ???
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!