Jury Duty

Started by StinkerBell, August 21, 2007, 11:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

I've been called up to do my civic duty. The thing is I hate most people. I do! No one takes responsibility for themselves.

I also do not like the government. I guess the question becomes, do I hate everyone equally?......hmmm I need to ponder that.

youngins

I have found the best way to get off of jury duty is to be very opinionated...

I think your covered..

glenn-k

If not an official court subpoena -- (just a fishing letter to see if you will answer) did you answer it?

Could it have gotten lost in the mail?

Could it have accidentally fell into the mud as you were carrying it into the house never to be able to be answered by you?  

I always wait for the official summons hand delivered specifically to me by a sheriff ...specifically - officially unquestionably for me.

Any answer you supply only confirms that you received it and are a possible victim for personal income or time loss (time is money) at the hands of the criminals and the broken court system.

Note - as I recall you also have to pay income tax on your $5.00 per day jury duty income.

glenn-k

...and note -- Stink --- I hate everybody too -- at least the general stupid unthinking criminal stupid masses.  Individuals who rise above the masses are OK. :)

Get me on a freeway or in a group of shoppers....

...of course they probably think the same about me.... but what do they know? :-? ;D

StinkerBell

I answered it and they at least let me change it to the end of the month (it was scheduled for this past week, I was at the property, just got back). I answered it cause I am one of those responsible people who are compelled to do the right thing. I have to go to Kent, I also reflect on who  in Seattle has been in the news being naughty, OFF WITH THEIR HEAD!

I just do not understand why we have this system any longer. We are picked in a way that IMO is tainted, we are asked to give our time to determine an outcome. Nowadays you can kill someone and serve 3 years and be out, so why even bother me if the courts do not want to truly protect society. I know! Cause its another way for them to spend my tax dollar in red tape and pork. rant rant rant rant rant.

glenn-k

I'm above all feelings of guilt.

I am superior.

I don't owe them anything.

I was brought here by aliens.  (Previously considered illegal aliens) ;D

glenn-k

Jury tampering has been taken to a new level by the US Kangaroo government as evidenced  by the Padilla case.

http://www.antiwar.com/roberts/?articleid=11471

The court was the joke.  I never did get the punch line.

StinkerBell

I live with an Alien.
He is a legal one. His green card isn't green, and its not a good picture of him.
He got served with jury duty and laughed, laughed, laughed. He informed them that he pays his taxes, he is allowed to be here, he never plans to run for the office of President and seeing he is not a citizen he does not have to do jury duty. He had a wicked grin. I have informed my wayward hubby that some day there will be a rebellion of his kind, he is a pasty pale British man. Every 4th of July I offer him up to the neighbors as a sacrifice. One day they may take my offer.

glenn-k

Note to Hog -- if you ever need it, I am offering you asylum here.  I can quickly dig another hole for you to live in. ;D

StinkerBell

QuoteJury tampering has been taken to a new level by the US Kangaroo government as evidenced  by the Padilla case.

http://www.antiwar.com/roberts/?articleid=11471

The court was the joke.  I never did get the punch line.

Oh great, I guess its best for me not to share what I am thinking........<insert sarcastic emote here>

glenn-k

We are being monitored - in my opinion illegally ....  but then who am I to say.  I'm only a lowly peasant citizen. :'(

StinkerBell

Sorry gang,  I am just in a mood! All cause of Jury Duty....

glenn-k

No reason to be sorry about being commandeered to serve a system that is broke - where money is king - where criminals like OJ can get off if the jury is properly swayed, where evidence critical to a properly informed jury is withheld or disallowed or twisted by the liars lawyers or corrupt law officials.  Where a jury can come into a court dressed in red, white and blue, indicating that their minds are already made up -- homey is goin' down -- no matter what the facts presented are (and no matter how much defense evidence is hidden, twisted or disallowed).

If it costs you monetarily and takes a portion of your life, I see no reason you should not feel a bit disgruntled about participating in the charade.

I have heard of many cases where even the honest policemen are fed up with the system.

fourx

...perhaps Stinker Bell ( strange names you folk give your kids- it has something to do with sleeping through the day and driving on the wrong side of the road, no doubt..) could throw a Tea Party for her resident Pommie? After all, it worked once before.. ;)
I have found the best way to get off of jury duty is to stay off the rader screen, and take no part in society- not very hard to do it you loath it.
Being forced to vote as we are here is an even bigger blight on your personal freedom than jury duty, I imagine.
Better not to do either, I think, if possible.

glenn-k

Forced to vote...

Soon it will be a mandatory National ID card here.

They may have to kill me. :-/

StinkerBell

I suspect that instead of the national ID, they will tattoo a bar code on all newborns. :P

glenn-k

We are very near that point, Stink.  Actually they will probably chip them as soon as they pop out the chute. ::)

They have already been practicing on pets.

benevolance

the chip is the holy grail for them.... Th3ey know where you are and what you are doing...What is to stop them from blowing up your chip if you do not go along with whatever the hell they want you to do...And in the process your life is terminated...

A self destruct implant in your head

They will have to kill me first

StinkerBell

Don't we already have a national ID called social security?

glenn-k

It has been commonly used as one but not legally-(technically)- besides -- the politicians have already ripped off all the funds from it so they need to work out another high dollar scam to separate the peasants from their money. >:(

http://www.totse.com/en/politics/political_spew/ssn_info.html

QuoteSSA has continually emphasized the fact that the SSN identifies a particular record only and the Social Security Card indicates the person whose record is identified by that number. In no way can the Social Security Card identify the bearer. From 1946 to 1972 the legend "Not for Identification" was printed on the face of the card. However, many people ignored the message and the legend was eventually dropped. The social security number is the most widely used and carefully controlled number in the country, which makes it an attractive identifier.

With the exception of the restrictions imposed on Federal and some State and local organizations by the Privacy Act of 1974, organizations requiring a unique identifier for purposes of controlling their records are not prohibited from using (with the consent of the holder) the SSN. SSA records are confidential and knowledge of a person's SSN does not give the user access to information in SSA files which is confidential by law.

More at the above link including what it all means.

StinkerBell

I was picked.......... >:( Despite being combative and getting other jurors ranting about stella and the outrageous judge and his million dollar pants, during jury selection btw.

Sassy

Was wondering how that went...   :-/

glenn-k

StinkerBell

I think I am going to die of boredom. Someone please shoot me.