I'm Baaack!!

Started by MountainDon, April 15, 2010, 04:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OkieJohn2

Wow Don, those are pretty nifty screws, and eighty bucks each seems to be a bargain when you consider some hospitals charge twenty bucks each for a tylenol.
The problem with foolproof devices is that they fail to take into account the ingenuity of fools

firefox

Ace Ortho Care .....Ace Hardware....Hmm
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Ernest T. Bass

Just popping in to send you my best wishes as well, MD! You have many friends, and you're in our prayers... Sounds like a really rough time for you. The whole thing sends chills down my neck... and jaw...

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

OkieJohn2

Quote from: firefox on April 17, 2010, 10:13:14 PM
Ace Ortho Care .....Ace Hardware....Hmm
Bruce
At least it's Ace and not Acme, you would think that Wiley Coyote would have wised up and switced vendors by now.
The problem with foolproof devices is that they fail to take into account the ingenuity of fools

NM_Shooter

$1100 actually seems pretty cheap for a surgical grade sawzall. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

ChuckinVa

Don,
Hope you have a very speedy recovery with minimal pain. ;D
CHUCK
ChuckinVa
Authentic Appalachian American

OlJarhead

Glad to hear you are back Don!  I went Jeepin for you this weekend :D

MountainDon

Quote from: OlJarhead on April 19, 2010, 12:21:56 PM
I went Jeepin for you this weekend :D

Great! Where were you when they cut into me? 
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

OlJarhead

Quote from: MountainDon on April 19, 2010, 01:36:24 PM
Quote from: OlJarhead on April 19, 2010, 12:21:56 PM
I went Jeepin for you this weekend :D

Great! Where were you when they cut into me? 

Not sure but it was Saturday that I took the Jeep around our place on the ATV trail :)  Did you see the video I posted here for ya?

MountainDon

24 Staples In My Butt!!!!

Whoa! The spot where they took marrow from my hip is more like a neighborhood! Big long L-shaped incision. 24 staples to close it! No wonder that had it's own little painkiller dispenser hooked up with a mini IV. That's gone as of this afternoon.

More on the technology front. The titanium strap and screws in the mandible are rated as MRI and CT safe.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.