Need help with small cabin foundation choices

Started by nasmeyer, April 07, 2008, 12:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nasmeyer

I appreciate all of the help with my original question, I would love to see some construction/layout pics from Kev_alaska as well as from Woodsrule. You could probably upload links to them right here in this forum. I have decided to use 6 10" sonotube piers and two beams for my 10x14. I am still pondering 4 different concerns. Will 4x6x14 beams (supported by the 3 piers) would be sufficent or should I use a larger size? what my pier depth for northern Michigan sand would be? if I need a footer or not below the pier? and the floor joist size to span 10' from beam to beam? (I would rather beef up my joists if nessecary than dig and pour more piers). Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

considerations

Quote from: Redoverfarm on April 17, 2008, 02:27:57 PM
Is considerations for a he or she?  Takes some time to get it all fine tuned.  But you are in the right vacinity.

Ummm...well, I'm either one or the other!  Ok, actually I'm female, for what its worth.

Redoverfarm

I just noticed that the gender was not below your name and at some point to elude any embarrassment I thought I would ask.