New VP

Started by glenn kangiser, June 14, 2008, 08:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

Wouldn't it be really interesting to know when and by who that "choice" was made, since obviously it was made long ago.  

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

Seems to indicate there really are two powers fighting for control since Obama was intended to derail Hillary.

glenn kangiser

Interesting read, Frank -- and at the end the admission of Jewish (read Zionist) influence in our government.  

shtetl  (shttl, shttl)
n. pl. shtetls or shtet·lach (-lä)
A small Jewish town or village formerly found throughout Eastern Europe.
[Yiddish, from Middle High German stetel, diminutive of stat, town, from Old High German, place; see st- in Indo-European roots.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: ScottA on August 29, 2008, 04:49:03 PM
Seems to indicate there really are two powers fighting for control since Obama was intended to derail Hillary.

That could be the indication, Scott, but then again it could be all in the script.

sparks

Not really sure if McCain hit a home run with this choice, however, he has someone on base and the weeks to come will reveal if they both can score.

My prediction.....if the Cubs win the Series........McCain is in.

Just a gut feeling. The last series the Cubs won was 1908. Teddy R. was president. He was a Republican.

Some times history repeats itself...........
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

rwanders

Sarah is EXTREMELY popular here in Alaska---her approval ratings have run from 92% to about 84% lately. As has been said; "She is the hottest governor from the coldest state." Obama was actually looking like he would carry Alaska----I think that is now doubtful.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

PEG688

Quote from: glenn kangiser on August 29, 2008, 03:57:44 PM

She could be alright for the country - depending on the intents, strategies and moves of the puppet masters.  She is one of the few pollies who have a child in the military.

You do know Capt. McCain has sons in the military right?

Quite a ways down the page under Cultural and political image

Link:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

His family's military tradition extends to the latest generation: son John Sidney IV ("Jack") is enrolled in the U.S. Naval Academy, son James has served with the Marines in Iraq, and son Doug flew jets in the Navy.[
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

MountainDon

Strong Naval tradition.   :)   [cool] 

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Quote from: glenn kangiser on August 29, 2008, 04:53:47 PM
Quote from: ScottA on August 29, 2008, 04:49:03 PM

That could be the indication, Scott, but then again it could be all in the script.

No...Glenn. I think there's a real fight about to take place. I posted in another thread that this race was decided. I just didn't know who won yet.

That all changed today. There are millions of Americans just like me. Wouldn't take a wizz on Obama if he was on fire. Many more deluded souls that wanted Hillary because she was a woman. Many that hate MCcain but what else is out there so why vote.

Now throw the new girl in the mix. I like her politics. She's smart, tough, inexperienced enough to be honest. She's a woman ;). Add Jessie Jackson's big mouth and many black voters think he's the second coming.

AND

Realize that McCain may well not live through the first year and she would be president

You now have a lot of undecided votes going Republican

I think McCain, who was stranded in the arctic circle in his boxers, just showed up in Port Royal with a million dollar smile and a pocket full of Maple leaf silver dollars. ;D

I'm going to buy an end of the world size popcorn...and watch.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

It could be interesting to watch and see.  I hope she uses protection --- ???

Not that Kind -- I mean - She may need protection from those who don't like her there. [crz]

She is the first one I have hopes for of being able to improve things. 

MountainDon

I like this choice. I'm surprised and impressed.

I also note the title of this topic "New VP".... not New VP Candidate. I hope that doesn't jinx things.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Yeah -- when I posted that title a couple months ago, I was thinking -- I don't know what this guy knows but I'll stick it out there in case it happens -- it was kind of tongue in cheek at the time.  I just didn't want to lose track of it   

glenn kangiser

Quote from: PEG688 on August 29, 2008, 10:19:58 PM
Quote from: glenn kangiser on August 29, 2008, 03:57:44 PM

She could be alright for the country - depending on the intents, strategies and moves of the puppet masters.  She is one of the few pollies who have a child in the military.

You do know Capt. McCain has sons in the military right?

Quite a ways down the page under Cultural and political image

Link:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

His family's military tradition extends to the latest generation: son John Sidney IV ("Jack") is enrolled in the U.S. Naval Academy, son James has served with the Marines in Iraq, and son Doug flew jets in the Navy.[

I forgot until you mentioned it, PEG, but, yes, now I remember reading it before.  Navy guy can't be all bad, eh, PEG? :)

desdawg

An interesting choice. Having never been in the house or senate there is no voting record on national and international hot issues to slam or brag about. The lady is relatively an unknown commodity to most. This is really a tactical choice. Glenn has even been neutralized. It should be interesting to see how it plays out.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: desdawg on August 30, 2008, 08:50:11 AM
An interesting choice. Having never been in the house or senate there is no voting record on national and international hot issues to slam or brag about. The lady is relatively an unknown commodity to most. This is really a tactical choice. Glenn has even been neutralized. It should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Not being in the house or senate, she has missed her greatest chance for being corrupted.  The lobbyists and big business haven't gotten to her and in Alaska she has handled the corruption and fat cats well not letting them soil her.  She even dumped her own BIL - maybe a family problem influenced matter but - I can see where it could easily cause complications that were not in the interests of the people so I am for that.

I watched an Alaska video  podcast on her about 8 months ago where she walked from her house to work with the reporter - talked with him like he was a real important person and with the viewers like they meant something to her.  I couldn't even find anything wrong with her then. 

Sorry guys. [crz] d*

PEG688

Quote from: glenn kangiser on August 30, 2008, 02:45:58 AM

I forgot until you mentioned it, PEG, but, yes, now I remember reading it before.  Navy guy can't be all bad, eh, PEG? :)

It's interesting he seldom mentions it. I think due to what his Father went thur when he was in captured, maybe. Doesn't want his son's and they mates in any "added" danger maybe ?

Most politician's how had kids in the hunt would be using that "advantage"  I think.

I'm not sure about this lady, maybe the lack of experience , as you've been pointing out is a plus. I hope they vetted her very well , so of those firings are being investigated. MTL she had just cause, it's hard to just fire anyone today without it being the busness owners fault.  ::)     
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

ScottA

I am affraid she is being set up for something. Shes so squeaky clean and new to the big show that something stinks here. I watched Obamas speach last night and her's this morning. I think McCain got himself an edge Obama will have a tough time with.

glenn kangiser

I find that in Politicians, experince is a minus.  They get away from caring for the people and into lining their own pockets or caring for their own interest.

Ron Paul is a good example of this.  Talked a great talk at first - I almost liked him.  Then he dropped the 9/11 Truth movement which finished him.  The people have no other support in the snake pit.  The coverup remains.  Then to add to the insult he supported the Pork Barrel Senator, likely in return for getting help filling his Pork Barrell.  I doubt he will ever be taken seriously again now that he has shown his true colors.  The people who trusted him were betrayed and won't be fooled again...  

That's what I have come to expect of most politicians.

I hope she is real and I hope she can do something without getting her hands tied if she gets in.

I agree, Scott.  I think she is McCain's only hope because he'd have a hard time making it on his own merits. 

glenn kangiser

The new thing about this I think is that she is as close as the people will ever get to having one of their own in the DC rather than dirty soiled career politicians that only have their own interests at heart.

She is as close to the dream some of the common people have of becoming president as we will ever get that I can see.

Hopefully McCain will just sit back and let her run things like Bush does with Cheney, if they get in there. [crz]

glenn kangiser

The muckrakers are starting to drag the dirt out so I may need to reserve my opinion until all of this is in the open.

I like what I had heard about her so far and have no problem with her wanting to drill Alaska or fire the BIL who threatened the family in Sister Molly's divorce.  The daughter pregnancy, downs/baby coverup if true is deceptive at least.

She's still cute though.

rwanders

What is the daughter pregnancy, downs baby cover up you mentioned?--the downs child exists and was given birth by Sarah--no doubt at all of that--too many doctors and nurses involved to even attempt to manufacture any sort of "cover up". Alaska is like a small town---very hard to keep anything secret for long.  Sarah, (good and bad) is for real----a real "frontier Alaskan woman". There are quite a few like her up here and we'll take all there are available. She's not some sort of saint or mythological creature---just a real strong woman who has that rarest combination of character traits-----principles and pragmatism. She knows what she believes in and how to get things done----will happily work with anyone for a good goal----doesn't seem to care if you are an R or a D or anything else. As others have said in this thread---experience is not always helpful in a politician who wants to change things---too often it gets in the way and/or forces your thinking into old well-worn paths.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

peternap

Quote from: rwanders on August 31, 2008, 03:58:33 PM
What is the daughter pregnancy, downs baby cover up you mentioned?--the downs child exists and was given birth by Sarah--no doubt at all of that--too many doctors and nurses involved to even attempt to manufacture any sort of "cover up". Alaska is like a small town---very hard to keep anything secret for long.  Sarah, (good and bad) is for real----a real "frontier Alaskan woman". There are quite a few like her up here and we'll take all there are available. She's not some sort of saint or mythological creature---just a real strong woman who has that rarest combination of character traits-----principles and pragmatism. She knows what she believes in and how to get things done----will happily work with anyone for a good goal----doesn't seem to care if you are an R or a D or anything else. As others have said in this thread---experience is not always helpful in a politician who wants to change things---too often it gets in the way and/or forces your thinking into old well-worn paths.

I couldn't agree more. Glenn, the biggest thing we need to do is get away from professional politicians. I know, you know. It just sounded for a second that you were being tortured by a soccer mom. :)

Think about it. Professionals all have baggage but lie about it and really cover it up...professionally. ???

What would come up if any of us ran for President or Vice President....Good lord, the petty stuff they could come up. Especially people that sell things here rofl

Anyway, the more I read about her, the more I like her and she could well be the one to destroy Hillary's ego, once and for all. The first woman VP and the first woman president via the Presidents death...and if she does as well as I think she may, the first elected woman VP.

I love to sit around amd make jokes about a woman President stamping her little foot..while Jane just looks away with that exasperated  (Not again) look.
The truth is, I have no problem with a woman VP or President at all......I just want a good one! c*
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

I'm with you, Peter, and didn't post a link to the guys info or dis-info as I didn't want to give his story any more mileage if not true.  I figure it will sho up soon enough.

I'm still in favor of getting a real person in there so I'm for her.`

benevolance

Well as far as the firing of the brother in law... it is a conflict of interest... If the guy is an asshole and he is married to her sister it is not upto her to get the guy fired...And if she uses her clout to make sure he is fired then she stepped over the line..

Sadly we both know that business as usual for politicians means that they use their connections to get what they want when they want... regardless of who else is affected...

Now if the cop beat his wife.. then I would be the first one to say he should be charged...Or just let a few good ole boys take care of him....But because he was married to her sister and it got ugly nasty..Yelling and screaming...She does not have the authority to decide whether or not he is capable of doing his job.

glenn kangiser

With what she knew about him it could have been a conflict of interest to let him stay also - nepotism?