Deer Run- 16x26 in Oklahoma

Started by ScottA, October 11, 2007, 03:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottA

More fun and games today. I had the septic guy out to give me a quote, $2500. He says he can start as soon as the perk test guy gives me the paperwork. The perk test guy isn't returning my calls. The water company says they'll put in the water meter as soon as the septic is done and the power guy says he'll put in the power line as soon as the water guys are done. So the bottom line is all this is held up by one perk test guy who won't answer the phone. I did however manage to get the pocket door frame in today despite all this other fun.  d*

bayview

Just the opposite here in Texas . . . Generally they want the water meter installed before the septic.  The septic installer normally fills the tanks before he leaves.  An empty tank could conceivably pop out of the ground during a heavy rain.

I had the electric and water meter installed over 4 years ago . . . I won't install the septic until I am nearly finished with our home.

By the way . . . Seems like a great price on the septic . . .   [cool]
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

jdhen

Scott,
Your plumbing vents appear to exit at the sidewalls.  Can you describe this or show some pics of what it looks like on the exterior?
I find very little information about sidewall venting except notes that "it is sometimes allowed".  I would like to do this to avoid roof penetrations.
Thanks,
Jesse
Jesse

ScottA

The vents go out into the sofits travel a ways tie into each other and exit through the roof. The house has a 2' overhang so I had room to use like an attic for running the vents. I did this to reduce the number of vents through the roof and so I could keep them in the back.  I didn't manage to get any pics of the outside.

jdhen

oh, now I see.  I thought perhaps they terminated out the side of the house.  I didn't take the overhang into account.
Have you ever seen venting at a sidewall? 
Jesse

ScottA

QuoteHave you ever seen venting at a sidewall? 

No. But I have seen people run a vent out through the wall then up to the roof along the outside of the house.

I also ran alot of the wiring in the sofits to cut down on hole drilling.

ScottA

Perk testing. I filled the holes today for the pre soak. The testing guy will is suposed to come around 9 in the morning to do the perk test. I had to dig 3 holes 2' deep 75' feet apart.

If everything goes according to plan the septic will be installed on Monday.

ScottA

I got the pocket door frame in yesterday. I belive this is the same kind Peg_688 recomended. It has steel wraped studs and 2, 4 roller door hangers.

ScottA

I picked up the Rinnai tankless water heater today. Here is a pic of it in it's cabinet.

ScottA

I installed the shower valve today. It's a Delta Monitor.

I also installed the shower drain for the tile shower.

The shower has a recessed light fixture above it. I did this when I was doing the electrical.

Jens

looks good Scott, don't forget (I'm sure you didn't), that the light needs to be GFCI circuit. 
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

Redoverfarm

Scott you must be going to build and tile the stall for the shower?

ScottA

Yes, John the shower will be tiled top to bottom. Even the cieling gets tile.

Terry

WOW, thanks Scott for the great plumbing pics. I was hoping you would get a pic from underneath and you delivered. Nice Job  [cool]
Terry

Born Free - Taxed To Death

ScottA

I got the perk test this morning and the septic guys showed up a little after 1pm. I'll try to get some pics this evening. Ahead of schedule for a change.  :)

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

considerations

"I picked up the Rinnai tankless water heater today. Here is a pic of it in it's cabinet."

Scott, is that cabinet sticking out from the outside wall, or is it set in?  I can't tell for sure from the pic.

That heater is what my cabin wants when it grows up.  ergo the question.

ScottA

The cabinet is in the wall. It has a lip that sticks out about 1 1/2".

ScottA

A few pics of the lateral lines going in. The tank should be in monday.

Redoverfarm

Scott are you using perforated pipe or chambers.  Chambers have pretty well taken this area over. I put my own system in and used perforated at that time.

ScottA

It's perf. I looked at the chambers but the septic guy said they where a rip off so we just went with the old way.

ScottA

We got the septic tank in today. Now on to the water.  d*

considerations

Scott's on a Roll!  Spring is such a great time of year, things get back in motion. Congratulations

ScottA

I ran the sewer from the house to the septic tank today. I also started back on the siding.