Residential Sprinkler Systems--Help!

Started by CREATIVE1, June 18, 2008, 04:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CREATIVE1

I'm required to install a sprinkler system in my cabin in Washington, and it must be is designed by a pipefitter and possibly stamped by an engineer.  I had found someone in Washington who agreed to design it for $300, but he is no longer with A-1 Fire.  The other local companies won't design a system without also installing it.  SO-I called some sprinkler companies where I live in Florida, and they are telling me they could design a system for $2,000, including the engineer's stamp, and that they estimate about $3,000 to professionally install it in Washington (Victoria Cottage).  Ouch--that's about 8 percent of my total budget!!!!!   Any ideas? 

NM_Shooter

Advertise for a fitter on Craigslist or in the paper.  Or have a PE design one for you. 

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

ScottA

Sounds pretty concocted to me. In Texas a plumber can design and install a residential sprinkler system. In Oklahoma a home owner can DIY so long as they live in the home for 2 years. All the needed information, such as sizing info and head coverage, is published by the manufacturers. Are home owners not allowed to DIY in Washington?

CREATIVE1

Apparently not, but I'm double checking just to be sure.

TheWire

I'm curious as to what the government officials would say if you didn't have power or told them you were not going to have a water supply or indoor plumbing?  ???

CREATIVE1

A nice fantasy.  We are actually the only people on the mountain with a water supply, and maybe with power at the cost of $20,000.  Also the first to be caught up in this sprinkler thing.