Oh please......

Started by StinkerBell, August 14, 2008, 01:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

I am afraid to use them for fear of getting caught for hiring illegals and or getting some kind of liability suit.

They could just tack the added cost of the facilities to your material bill, Stink. d*
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Good grief!  I am speechless.... want to go off on it but don't even have the words.  Better go have another cup of coffee first. c*

Sassy

That just fries me!!!   >:( >:( >:(  Where's the icon with steam coming out of it's head when you need it?  Irritates the snot out of me too!  Don't need anymore coffee - what is this world coming to?  Businesses are having a hard enough time as it is, then to cater to the mostly illegal aliens who wait outside for the day jobs???   ???   whew, I better go look at another topic...   d* d*
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

apaknad

gee, i wonder why our unemployment rates are high? oh that's right... they only do jobs that americans won't do. i am looking for work and have good qualifications in some skills and i can't hardly get an interview(age discrimination).
glen, do you need help?
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

glenn kangiser

If I could find work besides small jobs....  A company that doesn't know how to bid is using illegals for welding at $10 per hour and doing jobs at 1/3 of the going rate.  Eventually they will bite off one that will kill them after their beginning capitol is exhausted.  Even the company that is building the materials and has been in the business for years can't use their own crews as this guy comes in for half of what they can do it for with their own men.

He bit one and raised a bit I heard but apparently doesn't have a clue about what a spreadsheet is for.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

apaknad

seems to me there out to be a law against that type of thing... oh, that's right, there is. no one applies it anymore(except on rare occasions). i have nothing against immigration but at least sign the guest book on your way in. how's this for creating good paying jobs, hire more immigration cops(jobs) to kick out the illegals which in turn would create more employment opportunities and raise wages that would increase tax base and purchasing power for the job vacuum and businesses that would go after a reduced labor pool? this whole selling out of america just P*SSES ME OFF!!! and it's been going on for years. death by a thousand cuts. everyone of our major industries has had the equity stolen and replaced by cheaper worldwide employees and labor. and our leaders act like nothing is wrong or give lip service to get elected and forget everything they promised once in office!
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

ScottA

I guess the city figures it's cheaper than arresting them for loitering. What a crock.  d*

benevolance

We need to step up laws for hiring illegals... And step up penalties..I would love to see a situation where a CEO is cuffed and stuffed and does a few years in Jail because their company hired illegals.

I got into an arguement with a judge once when I was a kid...He said to me firmly...Ignorance is no excuse under the law... The same would apply for the higher ups in some of these companies...Just because they did not hire the illegals personally does not mean they are not responsible for them and it would not absolve guilt from breaking the laws

gandalfthegrey

Welcome to Los Angeles Mexifornia.   The Latino mayor insists that we need to cooddle illegals....The day laborers in this area wait on a corner of a busy road...  Now they have a restroom,  shelter from the rain, and shelter from the law????

Bad Wolf

StinkerBell

I wonder if these day workers pay their taxes from their wages? I am sure the are up standing people.....NOT

peternap

It's a shame they can't make a living in Mexico. Some of the finest carpenters and bricklayers I've come across, were illegals. The economy must really stink there.

This looks like the old CB radio days, when you had to have a license. Everyone broke the law and enforcement was not possible. >:(
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

desdawg

Once again the CA democrats lead the charge over the edge of the cliff.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

muldoon

I always assumed that was the purpose of all the pre-assembled sheds in the parking lot.

Seriously, I believe this may well open up some liabilities for HD.  If some day laborer gets injured on the job will he then sue Home Depot because they helped facilitate his obtaining of employment and didn't provide appropriate safety equipment (eg gloves, goggles, whatever).  Or another case, you go to home depot get your posts and pickets, see their nice little stand out front and hire some workers to build your fence.  They rob you, do you then get to sue HD?  Normally, I would say no, but in California, who knows. 

It seems Home depot is ok with the deal and has not asked them to leave... so as long as they are welcomed guests, whatever. 

StinkerBell

What a great guise for someone to deal drugs. They are surrounded probably by illegals, so we know the law will not bother them. They are provided with an office and constant stream of people.

benevolance

Well you know

It upsets me when you see half a million of them marching...But I have enough on my plate to deal with in life. My wife and her mom are school teachers and the illegals put a tremendous strain on the education system...And I am sure the medical system...that angers me...We need them here to do work...I just wish they would pay their damned share of the taxes like the rest of us