WOW!

Started by MountainDon, March 21, 2008, 10:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

We just hit a record for this incarnation of the CP Forum (SMF version)

Most Online Today: 103. Most Online Ever: 103 (March 21, 2008 at 21:37:13)

:) :) :) :)

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Yep don I can tell. I spent most of the day on the Mt and came home and tried to go through the post, Supper then boys time on the puter and here it is Midnight and I still didn't get through my mail. Tomarrows another day. Will follow-up and see what happens tonight.  Thats the only problem with CP is that most of the people are on West Coast and the majority of the  post are in the mid evening and it's late when I get them. Oh Well they will be stacked in the morn. I guess there is a Congrats in order to John if the bill isn't to high.

MountainDon

The most users on the old Yabb2 forum was 217 total, 214 guest, 3 members

Todays 103 was 92 guests with 11 members.

I just happened to notice the counter said 100 online and I said to myself, Wow, a CPF/SMF record. Then I refreshed and it hit 101! So I started to make this topic. Then looked in a new tab and saw 103 online! So I modified the post. Hence the 27 seconds between the record time and the recorded time of my post. I'm not quite that quick. Just lucky sometimes.  ;D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Hey Don is there any stats on the time of day that most post/replies are made. I know that my individual stats show that but I was wondering about the whole forrum regarding this.

MountainDon

I believe those stats are available only to the uppermost echelon, John R. and maybe Glenn.  :-\

Redoverfarm

Quote from: MountainDon on March 22, 2008, 08:46:45 PM
I believe those stats are available only to the uppermost echelon, John R. and maybe Glenn.  :-\

Not too much of a secret as it can be obtained by individual profile stats. I thought it only gave for me but it can be accessed by anyone that way. I was just trying to get an overall time. I looked at the ones that are generally on and figured it out. Thanks anywho.

John Raabe

There may be a way to glean these member times and such (probably from the domain host). The Admin menu reports from the SMF software is pretty limited.

Here, I'll post some stats from Site5, the host.

2007 Traffic to the CP website

So far in 2008

CP usage by hours of the day
None of us are as smart as all of us.

glenn kangiser

That is pretty WOW, John.

Average roughly 50000 different people per month.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

Pacific time zone?

John Raabe

I was trying to figure out the time zone of that graph. I'm on Pacific Daylight time but I'm not sure where the Site5 server actually is.

On the internet nobody knows where you live...
None of us are as smart as all of us.

MountainDon

... and it's hard to know what time it really is. I believe Site5 might be east coast, going by the sales and billing contact info. But hat actually could mean nothing as the host I use started up in UT now has their customer service farmed out on the east coast and I have no idea where the servers now are.  ???

MountainDon

... and just to make it interesting the server could know where you are located, by your IP address, and adjust the display to your local time.  ???

MountainDon

In the last 10 minutes I saw the "most ever users" ticker climb from 121 to...
125, 131, 135, 137, 139, 142

131 guests, 11 users