Just wondering if there are any patriots on this board?

Started by buyloewen, July 08, 2010, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buyloewen

Just wondering if there are any patriots on this board? I have an idea to help fellow patriots pm if you want to know more.

MountainDon

How do you define patriot craig?

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Pox Eclipse

StinkerBell

bayview

Patriots?   New England?   

Nah, I prefer my hometown team . . .

The - Dallas Cowboys?   Opps . . .    Texas Cowboys?   Opps . . .   Cowboys at Arlington?

$@#%%$!   COWBOYS!   (?)

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

MountainDon

Not only do we have patriots, or Patriots, we have a bin full of loonies. Or is that Loonies? Looneys?    [cool]

rofl  
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

I'm waiting to see patriot defined before I answer that....

I think my definition of patriot is currently defined as a terrorist.... [ouch]  but then so is my dead grandma and a poor six year old girl.... [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

muldoon

sounds pretty fishy, pm me for super secret patriot information.  why not just toss whatever you have to say out in general discussion.  there are plenty of viewpoints here to rationally discuss any ideas you may have. 

as for being a patriot, i love my country but i hate that my government has continued to be ran by thieves and criminals for the past three decades.  I don't really know what does that make me... 

buyloewen

You want me to define it ok a ron paul supporter someone who thinks the country is being manipulated and robbed by banksters. Someone who believes in the constitution and the fore fathers vision. Something along those lines. I just wanna deal with people with similar views don't worry nothing fishy.

MountainDon

OK. Some/many of us strongly believe in the US Constitution, believe the country is being led down the wrong road, and so forth.

What is your idea to help fellow patriots?  

This is an open forum, with guidelines for good/civil behavior as listed in the user agreement. I believe we would all prefer to have this up front for all to see rather than have a bunch of behind the scenes PM'ing going on. Those who are interested will chime in and those who are not will skip over the thread.

glenn kangiser

OK.  I do not support any politicians because as muldoon said, they are pretty much all criminals pushing the NWO agenda as mentioned by Bush senior.

I did agree with Ron Paul most of the time until he showed his true colors and disowned people who wanted an investigation of the government and their actions.  He is just a diversion to sucker in the sheeple who would follow a true leader who would straighten out the government, and as he showed earlier, he is just a shirt stuffed full of hot air who will take your donations and support then back out on his followers leaving them hanging without anyone to follow.  Much evidence points to his being a Mason and ultimately pushing the same devilish agenda as the rest of the politicians.

Nearly all major current politicians are into flashing their evil hand signals because they all have the same leader.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

buyloewen

Its also a deaf sign for I love you we can only hope he's on the good side. While here's my idea. I was thinking of ways to fight the banksters and I feel that the best way to motivate people is by making money. Patriots are currently are divided and live in zombie cities. Patriots need to organize there own communities from the ground up. I think the way to do this is by buying cheap land away from cities building a second home/cottage or first. Build that community and begin to influence your state politics. As more and people move to the community the value of everyones peoperty would increase not to mention all the commercial property that would have to be bought. Of course we would need people particularliy in the construction industry who can help train other patriots in there field in return for labor. Please pm if you want to take action I have many ideas I would like to discuss with serious people.

John Raabe

It is my observation that our representative model of democracy has, over the last few decades, moved control of elections and legislation away from the needs and desires "of the people" and into the hands of corporations and well-funded special interest groups. Not surprisingly this has tended to increase the share of wealth and federal tax dollars that flow to the economic and politically connected elites.

This is not good for democracy or the future of our country.

Communication technologies have greatly changed since the design of our federal system of government.
See this recent blog: http://www.oftwominds.com/blogjuly10/direct-democracy07-10.html

As always, such a radical change brings up as many questions as it (attempts) to answer:

• Is it time to revisit how we vote?
• Are there other ways (such as direct initiatives) to do this?
• What would it take to make such changes?
• What are the problems that would have to be solved.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

OlJarhead

I'm a Patriot and raised my right hand twice and swore to uphold and defend the Constitution.  I'm a Libertarian, a Constitutionalist and I am not a Conspiracy nutjob (sorry to the Alex Jones fans out there but I think he IS a nutjob with a capital N).

I don't believe in the Freemasons are evil BS or that only bankers are to blame (though some may play a large role) -- the real blame falls upon you and me.

That's right, WE ARE TO BLAME for our own demise and current situation.  The American people have allowed themselves to be taught alternative histories, to be steered away from what is right and right in front of themselves and worse yet, despite dismal approval ratings they continue to re-elect corrupt politicians.

Until the American people VOTE OUT the corruption in Washington DC there is NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING you can do.  Building a town, city, get-away, patriots village whatever, in the woods IS NOT going to solve the problem.  Voting out the Incumbents - ALL OF THEM will.

It might mean you have to vote out decent politicians too, but you must vote against ANY AND ALL incumbents.  Then, if you can get ALL of America to do that (Good luck with that) then those new politicians will be afraid and won't be career politicians and MIGHT do something right - BUT THEN you must vote ALL OF THEM OUT TOO.

Sooner or later they will get the message and then start acting within the bounds of the Constitution.

Vote them out -- or except that they will ignore your rights and tread all over you daily without any concern what-so-ever.

As for bankers, the solution is right in front of you, it's called 'The Constitution'.  However, the FED was created anyway and politicians keep it alive.  VOTE THEM OUT and sooner or later they will end the FED and return to sanity.

SardonicSmile

Quote from: OlJarhead on July 09, 2010, 09:14:30 AM
That's right, WE ARE TO BLAME for our own demise and current situation.

I absolutely agree.. we are to blame for everything. We are earth's largest parasite, though we obviously aren't willing to stop living or reproducing.

As the population grows, things will become more and more out of control. The system has become so complicated that it can't be fixed..

OlJarhead

Quote from: SardonicSmile on July 09, 2010, 10:06:08 AM
Quote from: OlJarhead on July 09, 2010, 09:14:30 AM
That's right, WE ARE TO BLAME for our own demise and current situation.

I absolutely agree.. we are to blame for everything. We are earth's largest parasite, though we obviously aren't willing to stop living or reproducing.

As the population grows, things will become more and more out of control. The system has become so complicated that it can't be fixed..

I think it can be fixed but that would require honesty, integrity, moral clarity....well at least it would require a return to the Constitution.

It can be fixed but I hold very little hope that it will be.  I beleive that the American people will vote themselves into Tyranny all in the name of 'social justice' and we will eventually go back to a system of serfs and masters, slaves and freemen, kings and subjects or proletariat leaders and comrades, animals and more equal animals.

The founding fathers believed that the populace tends to want a King - to take care of them - and that unless they are educated (history, religion -- yes religion - government and academics) they will fall pray to those who convince them 'they know best' and they will 'take care of them' or 'solve their problems'.

Today, American's are not educated.  You would surprised how little they know of their own history and what they do know is often false.  Indeed, many books in school are now based on unfounded speculation or interpretation while books that use original sources etc are shunned.  Case law is taught in law schools instead of Constitutional Law and in general our populace is becoming less and less educated.  Heck, as a young adult if they read...at all.  Lately I'm finding they don't just not read, they haven't read ANYTHING at ANY TIME!!!  Their eyes glaze over at the thought of reading history, they stammer when asked to read allowed and couldn't balance a check book much less understand simple math forumlas that we all learned and still use (like v=ir or A2+B2=C2)....

Sorry for the rant but we CAN fix the problem.  Here are some ways it can be fixed:

1.  Insist on original history.  That's right, make kids actually learn the truth about the Founding Fathers and the birth of our nation -- all of it.  Not just some progressive nonsense about the founders being rich white slave owning racist elitist deists (which is blatantly false by the way) but all of it.  Sure some owned slaves, heck some even wanted slavery, on the other hand 9 of 13 states abolished slavery by 1773....you didn't know that did you? 

2.  Insist that if you don't learn the subject matter you FAIL and get to try again next year.  That's right, no more taking a test 12 times to get it right, no graduating without actually completing all requirements, no easy rides etc etc.

3.  Teach children there are winners and losers -- yes, sorry for all the liberals who want everyone to get a trophy but it's time to go back to only giving them to those who earn them.

4.  Insist children read books -- classics are good but how about history.  Instead of just giving them snippets make them read the darn book and write essays and take test on it...make them actually learn it.

5.  Teach the bloody Constitution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6.  Teach people the importance of VOTING and being a part of the system.

7.  TERM LIMITS FOR ALL

8.  Bring back recall.

I could go on and on

OH, and don't forget:  END THE FED!!!

peternap

Patriot ????????????

Well, lets see..I believe in God, The Constitution, Large Boosemed Wimmin and don't care much for the way the country is being run...but, an awful lot of
"Patriots" I know are nuts that really don't understand our founding fathers, spew a lot of nonsense about armed revolt under the command of some Militia Leader or the other and spend more time reading the Poor Mans James Bond than War & Peace.

I suppose the Powers that Be have me filed in the Anarchist box, instead of Patriot.

BTW, your plan isn't new. Back in the 60's they were called communes. I think the Government calls them Compounds now. ::)
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

firefox

Oljarhead is on the right track.
1- teach kids to read! (history, science, etc.)
2- make them earn their grades!
3- limit the use of the TV! (cut power cord off?)
Did I say teach kids to read?
Kids can learn to read as early as 3 or 4 years old.
My wife was sick a lot when she was a wee tyke, so
they taught her to read when she was 3 and a half
to keep her from driving her grandma crazy.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Not sure about the exact quote, but you get the idea.

There are other things to do but until you do the first three
you are pxxxxxg in the wind.

That is my two cents for what it's worth.
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

NM_Shooter

Yeah.  Teach our kids to do math too.

You know what would get Washington's attention?  If we quit paying our taxes weekly, and started paying quarterly. 

That first three months would have them wondering.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

SardonicSmile

Where are the kids going to learn math and to read? In public school?

That's a joke. I can really vouch for that, I went to 10 different public schools.

glenn kangiser

My uncle said he tried politics for most of his life before he died.  He believed in it but found out it was futility.

The dumbing down has been slipped to Americans by those who know how to do it.  Most didn't see it coming but they did watch friends, football, soccer and the like.  Diversions and a feed bag... works every time.  The sheeple don't even know they have been had because they don't want to look.

Americans will never solve the problem because they have been lulled into indifference.  

The replacement politicians to take over the incumbents places have been carefully trained in the ways of criminality, lying and looking out for their own interests.  We will not change it but standing back and watching it fall could be interesting.  

Move over, Rome, here we come.

MushCreek

Education, or the lack thereof, is certainly a huge problem. Our son went to a private Christian school, partly because of our beliefs, and partly because FL schools are so dismal. We couldn't afford it, but we did it anyhow, without borrowing a dime. His school is like the schools I went to 40+ years ago- flunk a test; it goes on your grade. No 'do-overs'. Flunk a class, you have to take it again. Flunk enough classes, and you are held back (or politely asked to leave). My son has had the same friends since pre-school, and they all went to college together. Our boy is in graduate school, as are his friends that haven't already entered the work force. They are all very nice, polite, clean-cut kids who are more conservative than their parents. So- it can be done, although I think it's a case of too little, too late.

I'm in the camp that believes we are witnessing the fall of yet another empire. One of the problems with 'vote 'em out' is, Who do you put in their place? In FL, we have a heated battled between a long-time politician, and a newcomer with very deep pockets. Great, let's vote in the new guy, right? But he ran a huge hospital corporation that bilked Medicare out of billions. The only reason he's in the race is because he has LOTS of money. Is that a reason to elect someone? People like him are literally able to buy an election. Without big money, it's pretty much impossible to get elected to a high office. But where does all that money come from? Corporations, special interests, the mob- I don't know, but often, it's not the kind of influence you want behind your leaders. Where did Obama get all of his money? He was obviously backed by someone or something very BIG, and I don't trust their motives, whoever 'they' are.

With the economic woes, it seems like such a huge waste of resources for politicians to spend billions on campaigns. Couldn't that money be used for a better purpose? I'm so sick of political ads I could throw the TV out the window- and it's only July! I think politicians should be limited to a very small advertising budget, and only be allowed air time in the form of public service announcements that the networks would be required to run. That would take money out of the equation, and we could instead make our choices based on debates and a very few spots on TV.

We're definitely on the demise, and very few people care. Morality has been completely tossed out the window. Entertainment is king. Education is a joke. The politicians are nearly all corrupt, even at the highest level. We farmed out all of our work to foreign interests because manual labor is beneath us- we're too good for that. So we recline on our divans, eating peeled grapes, and calling for our violins......
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

Pox Eclipse

Quote from: MushCreek on July 10, 2010, 07:19:01 AM

Flunk enough classes, and you are held back (or politely asked to leave).

That's a luxury private schools have that boosts their apparent success rate.  All the low performers are simply expelled.  It's easy when you don't have to expend resources on kids who need extra attention.

Public schools can't expell kids unless they are disruptive.  They have to deal with kids who just aren't as smart as the top 10%.  It is called accepting responsibility.

If public schools expelled the underperforming students at the same rate as private schools, we would have a permanent underclass of uneducated, unproductive juveniles spoiling for a reason to take out their frustrations on the society that spurned them.  The answer is not in creating an elite education system that simply expells the kids they haven't got the patience or pocketbook to educate.

MushCreek

In the old days, schools had alternative programs for under-achieving kids, rather than making everybody else wait for them. Sorry, but every kid is not equal, whether it's brains, looks, or physical talent. Yes, you need some kind of program to keep kids from falling through the cracks, but dumbing down everyone else isn't the answer. I'm not advocating private schools for everybody; we were just lucky to have been able to give that to our child. BTW- I never remember any kids getting expelled at my son's school for low grades, and only a couple for behavioral issues.

When I went to school, you had to work for your grades, or a spot in the school play, or a position on the football team. Those that couldn't do those things simply couldn't. It's kinda like life- I can't be an opera star, or a basketball player. I don't have the tools- wasn't born with them, and won't ever have 'em. Back when this country had a manufacturing base, there was plenty for kids lacking 'school smarts' to do. They could go to trade school. and become machinists or cabinet makers or whatever. As the need for these skills has dropped off, so has the opportunities for people who are well suited for those lines of work. One of my best friends is functionally illiterate. He only graduated high school because they realized he was never going to accomplish anything in school. He's also one of the smartest and most successful people I know. He does have a strong work ethic, and isn't afraid to get dirty (he's in construction). There were no special programs for him; it was sink or swim. He just chose to swim in a different direction.

I find it interesting that now that schools have so many ways of accommodating kids with different needs, the drop-out rate is higher than ever. When I was a kid, drop-outs were extremely rare, and rather shocking. Now some areas have incredible drop-out rates. We already have a permanent underclass of uneducated, unproductive juveniles (and adults), and it seems to be getting bigger. It's all part of why I think this country, and western society is in such a state of decline. Parents don't care, kids don't care, teachers don't care, administrations don't care. That was one of the big differences in private school- EVERYbody cares. When you wanted to volunteer for something at the school, you had to wait your turn, because so many other parents wanted to volunteer. At every school event, you had to get there early to get a seat. I've been to events at public schools, and it's sad how few people attend. I don't have an answer; there isn't one, unless society somehow rights itself and returns to the days of morality, respect, politeness, respecting hard work and education; all of things I've seen fall by the wayside during my life.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.