S&P Cuts USA Rating

Started by peternap, April 18, 2011, 09:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42643384

Standard & Poor's on Monday downgraded the outlook for the United States to negative, saying it believes there's a risk U.S. policymakers may not reach agreement on how to address the country's long-term fiscal pressures.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MushCreek

Took 'em long enough. They're pointing out something that many folks know already. d*
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

rwanders

The headline above is not completely accurate----US rating is still AAA but, S&P did say they may end up lowering it if we don't get our economic house in order. That will require that our esteemed political "leaders" in Congress and The White House stop posturing like roosters in a hen yard and actually do something.

On second thought, the posturing is so ingrained now the headline is probably prophetic.
>:(
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

muldoon

Yeah, more theater. 

Meanwhile, joe six pack is starting to notice as well. 

Read some of the comments from this reddit post today.
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/gsxlx/i_just_paid_421_for_gas_the_fast_food_restaurant/

Lot's of sad stories about people feeling real pain.  To bad most of them could not spell Federal Reserve or name their congresscritters that robbed them.  They will most likely never understand why they have the challenges now and in the future or how they were robbed and how they gave up all recountance to ferocious applause. 

The ship will not right itself.  We are all Greece and the free shit army is the only protesting that we will ever see.  we do truly have the political and monetary system we deserve.   

sparks

Muldoon,

I was going to copy your post....

And i thought what's the point??

I concur with you.

sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

Native_NM

Many of our elected representatives now think that since there is no way we can pay it back and default is a real possibility they might as well get what they can.    :(
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.