Internet Finds for Designer/Builders > Free Stuff for Designers & Builders

Free Download - SketchUp 3d modeling program

<< < (6/7) > >>

glenn kangiser:
I just have a PC, Karen, and actually haven't had much time to play with Sketchup.   I have seen great work by others though.

John Raabe:
My son has become a SketchUp enthusiast and self-taught quick study user in a very short time. He is all Mac all the time.

He is doing rather sophisticated models for an artist/architect named James Turrell. The architectural drawings are in AutoCAD files but he found it easier to model the structure in SketchUp.

Using a modern Mac does not appear to be a problem with this software. My son is using the leopard OS on an imac.

kyounge1956:

--- Quote from: John Raabe on April 01, 2009, 06:32:53 AM ---My son has become a SketchUp enthusiast and self-taught quick study user in a very short time. He is all Mac all the time.

He is doing rather sophisticated models for an artist/architect named James Turrell. The architectural drawings are in AutoCAD files but he found it easier to model the structure in SketchUp.

Using a modern Mac does not appear to be a problem with this software. My son is using the leopard OS on an imac.

--- End quote ---

I have version 6 previously downloaded on a CD or could go to the website and download version 7. Which version is your son using? Is his iMac an Intel chip one, or an earlier model? Karen

builder:
looks great for a free software

Bradon Wesche:
I too am a big fan of SketchUp and use it all the time.  I make myself available to answer questions people might have and thought I would offer my services here as well.  It's kind of a hobby to me :)

If you need help creating your Country Plans feel free to ask me here or on my website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version