The Dream is over

Started by Kevin, October 12, 2009, 08:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I put my cabin up for sell this weekend. Getting to be to much with the eight hour drive and projects around the house to do.
Thankyou evryone for all your help. Hopefully I'll give it another try when I get more time.
Kevin

ScottA

Sorry to hear that. If you lived in the cabin it wouldn't be an 8 hour drive away.  8)

bayview

Your dream is not over!  You still have it . . . Maybe it didn't work this time but future plans will work out . . .  Life is full of learning experiences.   ;)

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

rick91351

Hey Kevin thanks for sharing!  That must have been a real tough decision....

I was stressed to the max when I seen the eight hour drive.  I count my blessings with an hour and a half one way and $25 or $40 round trip in the Power-stroke depending on what I am pulling in or bringing out. 

There has to be a closer get away somewhere.  I really hope you can keep your dreams alive and as Scott says if you lived in the cabin.....

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

Hey Kevin, it's just the chapter that closed, not the whole dream. Hopefully you can find some place closer, an eight hour drive would have killed our hopes dead, but we got lucky and found the answer to our dream 66 miles and 1.5 to 12.75 hours away from our suburban home and business.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

DirtyLittleSecret

Amen to that...keep your eyes peeled for another "opportunity".  Its amazing how much stress I can ditch by spending even a day up at the cabin (lord knows I need it with work).
Thumb, meet hammer...hammer, meet thumb...

devildog

Kevin, I feel your pain. My property is 7.5 hrs., and just recently came to the conclusion Im going to have to hire some things out.
Even that is a pain. I drove up last weekend to set up corner stakes for my foundation and meet w/2 general contractors to get quotes for a crawlspace foundation, and all I got was $150 less in my pocket,exhausted, and my weekend wasted
They both said I might be too close to slope and the building inspector would have to approve it first, then they could figure footer and how many courses of blocks. So, Ive got to make another trip just to reset stakes.

I do hope you give it another shot in the future , because its a great dream. :)
Best wishes  Darrell
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985