DonP

Started by PEG688, May 16, 2010, 10:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

Where you been? I just PM-ed Glen last night wondering if he'd banned you for some reason. :o  Sort of as a joke  ;)

So what ya been up to? He said your last activity was back in April.

Anyway,  hope all is well with you and yours.

When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

I didn't do it...... [crz]

It's just that when I come home and the house is a mess I have to clean up once in a while..... [waiting]

..... uncontrollable laughter from Sassy, snickering and finger pointing in the background...  [noidea'

..and I don't have a clue what happened to DonP... he was a very helpful guy... hope all is well with him.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

He made a post this AM. Good thoughts on metal roof installation.
http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=8938.msg115694#msg115694
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

PEG688

Quote from: MountainDon on May 16, 2010, 02:01:43 PM

He made a post this AM. Good thoughts on metal roof installation.

Ya I noticed that , thats the reason I put up this thread to see if he'd respond while he was online/ logged in.

When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

Redoverfarm

I too had wondered.  We try but at most it is a educated guess.  Glad to see you back DonP.

glenn kangiser

Well - good deal - :)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Don_P

Glenn, I am to where being spoken of in the past tense is a little  :P 

Some time ago my wife and I were working on a house outside of Madison. I was above with an approaching storm. Something hadn't worked, she told me to come down. It was of course the last piece of fascia. I swore and demanded another. I would have never guessed that the nail at my feet would be attractive to lightning.  

We got hit earlier this spring and I lost some passwords. Being typical spring, I took the hint and didn't worry about it. We got hit again yesterday,  I cranked up this old computer, it was still logged on. I was responding to 3 threads but this old thing didn't have it in her, I got one post off before it needed a nap. I also need to respond to a pm that had recently been sent so it seems to have worked out  ;).

MountainDon

Sorry to hear about the lightning zap. Did it get you?    :o
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Don_P

Course not, I'm a sensitive intuitive kinda guy. Always figured that poor guy that got struck a half dozen times was a little slow on the uptake.

As kids we were playing hide and seek and were up in a tree well hidden when a bolt struck the nearby phone pole. Deciding it was a good time to let our whereabouts be known we ran inside of my G-Grandmothers house and were telling what had happened. Which lead to story time. Years before my uncle had been dashing across the yard in the rain from the little house out back when he got knocked flat by a bolt of lightning. No damage but granny saw it happen and it about scared her to death.

This is the time of year for us you might as well unplug anything electronic that you don't want cooked,

glenn kangiser

Glad you are not dinner, Don.  I'm almost past tense here myself lately.  On the road most of the week.  Glad all is well. :)