Need some electrical help

Started by ScottA, April 18, 2008, 09:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

Hey Scott.  Looked at the auction and they didn't have any round windows. Had alot of arch top and transom arch's. 

In regards to your can lights I am not sure you are governed by inspections but I used regular Non-insulated can lights since no insulation was present to be a fire hazzard in the soffit area.  As far as spacing I think that would probably be up to you. Mine are about 8' feet apart in a 48' run.  I also put them on a dimmer switch which you can select the intensity of the light rather than burn wide open.

ScottA

Thanks John. I figure regular can lights woud be ok since they are pretty well protected and there is no insulation issues. As for spacing I'm just wondering how big an area of coverage I'd get from each light. They'll be 7'-5" above the deck. I want it to be pretty well lit. I'm also hoping to get enough reflected light to light the yard around the house a little. I was guessing 4' to 6' centers but someone who's used them might know better what to expect. I'll be using CFL 13w bulbs most likely. I'm plannig to have 4 zones so I can turn on some or all of the lights as needed. 

MountainDon

As for spacing, you might be best advised to temporarily install some and power them up at night so you can see first hand.   ???
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

That may be the way to go Don. And probly the only way to know for sure what will work.

ScottA

That's what I had in mind wingam00. Thanks for the replys guys.  :)

Redoverfarm

Scott just don't let your boxes end up looking like this.

ScottA

Looks like a few hospitals I've worked on.  rofl They are the worst about stuff like that. Their plumbing isn't much better. Aleast until I get done with it.