Floor Done!

Started by OldDog, September 22, 2007, 03:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldDog

Finished the Adventech and will frame in 2 weeks.

I'm glad those posts are done
If you live a totally useless day in a totally useless manner you have learned how to live

glenn kangiser

Looks good, OldDog.  Even came out flat and rectangular. :)

Looking forward to seeing more pix as you  progress.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

OldDog

I have all framing except decking on the site on 2 trailers.

Framing starts tomorrow!

Wish me luck and good weather!

Bruce
If you live a totally useless day in a totally useless manner you have learned how to live

OldDog

We had a good 3 day weekend!

The walls are up and sheeted.  The rafters are up, except dormer.  The interior walls are in.

Some cleanup and bracing and the decking will start.

I hope the weather holds.

Picture later today

Bruce

glenn kangiser

We'll check them out tonight. :)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

OldDog

Wish it wasn't raining.

Decking will begin Friday.

OldDog

Front

Windows are framed,  will cut out later

glenn kangiser

desdawg

I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

Jimmy C.

Very Good progress!  Looks great!
The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

OldDog

Another day!

Cut all the rafters and installed facia board.

Put up fly rafters.

Cut out window openings with router.

Clear weather and cooler temps for the few days!!!!!!!

I am TIRED and too OLD to work this hard.

Thanks for the Nice replies!

Pics when decking done.

Bruce

OldDog

Preston

Bruce,
You seem to be moving very quickly, as fast as I hope to be moving when I am building.  Are you working alone or with a crew?
The secret to being boring is to say everything.  --Voltaire

OldDog

I have several friends helping.

Still have the back roof to shingle but will be papered (30#) for the forecast rain starting tomorrow.  13/12 pitch a LITTLE slow!!!!!!!!

The house wrap is on and the front door and front windows are installed.

I haven't had time to get any pics yet.

Trying to beat the weather!

desdawg

Who says you can't teach an Old Dog new tricks?
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

OldDog

I wish the back side was as near roofed as the front.

It has a Blue Tarp  (Katrina) roof on the back.  Rain last night and forecast for more until Friday so I am not uncovering it.

C.White

Wow, that is going up fast.  I have to wonder how many of these similar houses are going up all over the world at the same time?  
I will look forward to seeing your inside photos, as it looks very similar to the one I'm building.  I will have a shed roof upstairs on one side.   I love getting ideas from other folks on this forum.  

Christina

OldDog

the shed dormer wall is 14 feet.

i like to see them stepped in at least one rafter from the end to maintain the roof line.

the loft is going to be the best room of the cabin!  there is a 4 x 5 foot bath and still have room for a 12 x 12 room.  I will knee wall the front side at 4 feet and put in storage doors and some drawers.  It is too short for usable floor and this seems to be a good use for it.

I wish the back roof was on!!!!!

Bruce

OldDog

You may have noticed something in front of the cabin I am building.

Below is a pic of what I have used for my lake camp for the last 11 years.  We do not know how long we have owned the trailer but it is already sold!

The deck is 12 x 6 foot sections on a 4 x 6 inch subframe and will be reused, along with the metal roof,  on the back of the cabin when done.  All the extra posts and the metal over the trailer will be added to one side of the boat shed so no waste.

C.White

So you already have a well established and civilized dwelling on your property!  I think it's a tremendous advantage to know the property well before you start building, and not always possible.  
I've been on my property for nearly 15 years, but the part I'm building on seems so new now that I'm seeing it from a house perspective.

Your loft sounds like a great place in the house.  Do you have a floor plan posted here somewhere that I missed?  I sure would like to see it.  I like the large shed roof idea.  

What are the dimensions?   Again, learning from others even though I've started mine now.
Thanks,
Christina

OldDog

what floor plan there is is floating around in my head!  A friend will cad draw as built later and I will post.

I have gotten LOTS of good ideas and input from this forum.

the cabin is 16 x 36.  There is a 10 x 16 bedroom with a 28" closet off the 16' side.

the bath is 10 x 7.5', it has a 4 ft shower and room for a stacker wash & dry.

the main room is cathedral ceiling, 16 x 18 with cabinets on back wall.

since the bath "Grew" I wish it was 40+ ft vs 36 but we only summer there and do not spend much time indoors.  we stay on the deck or outdoors.

We have a rule that when we are there it only sleeps 2!  The kids are welcome to visit or use it when they can get rid of us!  We also have a visiting pad with full hookup for a motor home or camper.

It is on a 320 x 145 wooded hillside with deeded access to Kentucky Lake 1/4 mi away.

OldDog

I finished my roofing just in time for a week of rain! ;D

I hope that is the last 13/12 roof I have to shingle.

The siding is on order and we hope to start hanging it this weekend.

When everything is nice and "snug" I plan to walk away for a few days and rest up.

Bruce

glenn kangiser

Good Job.  That's a steep one. :)

OldDog

after a week of rain we are now working on siding.

picture later

Bruce

OldDog

The dormer is the biggest pain to side but it is all I like.

Bruce