Some things I just don't understand

Started by Jens, December 30, 2008, 10:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

I am frugal by nature.  Sometimes even downright cheap, but I just don't understand why my wife will buy the "bargain" toilet paper, instead of spending the extra dollar on Angel Soft, or Charmin.  I mean, when you are talking about one of the most tender areas, isn't a little splurging ok?

She will spend the extra money on organic everything though!  I love her, and agree with her on much stuff, just don't understand her sometimes.
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

Homegrown Tomatoes

[rofl2]  It's worth the splurge.  She could be like my grandma, though, who buys the really cushy stuff for her bathroom but puts that cheap sandpaper in the "guest" bathroom!  Is it really a bargain, though, if it takes twice as much of the cheap stuff to do the same as the more expensive?

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Jens

Quote from: Homegrown Tomatoes on December 30, 2008, 11:36:22 AM
[rofl2]  It's worth the splurge.  She could be like my grandma, though, who buys the really cushy stuff for her bathroom but puts that cheap sandpaper in the "guest" bathroom!  Is it really a bargain, though, if it takes twice as much of the cheap stuff to do the same as the more expensive?

That's exactly what I try to tell her.  Does your grandma have one of those padded seats too?  Those are the worst.  Not only are they sticky and gross, and I can't understand how they could ever be hygenic, but why would anyone want it to sound like they're passing gas when they just sit down?
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

Bishopknight

Redoverfarm

Sounds like you have trained her well.  Can't blame it on her now can you. I would say if you push the issue someone else will be doing the shopping in the future. ;)

Sometimes my wife does the same thing.   I  :-X

Homegrown Tomatoes

Quote from: Jens on December 30, 2008, 01:26:13 PM
Quote from: Homegrown Tomatoes on December 30, 2008, 11:36:22 AM

That's exactly what I try to tell her.  Does your grandma have one of those padded seats too?  Those are the worst.  Not only are they sticky and gross, and I can't understand how they could ever be hygenic, but why would anyone want it to sound like they're passing gas when they just sit down?
yep, she sure does, and I hate the things, too

n74tg

The girlfriend's mother does the cheap paper in the guest bath trick, same type paper they use at McDonald's, a million sheets per roll, but even if you use 1,000 you're still not done.  She hasn't figured out yet that I just use the box of Kleenex that's also in the bathroom.

So, when traveling, I have been known to carry a partial roll of the good stuff in my suitcase.  And yes, there is a roll that stays in the truck too.

"Be prepared", that old Boy Scout mantra, has a lot's of appropriate uses.

P.S.  The equally funny part about the girlfriend's mother's guest bathroom is, the medicine cabinet and under sink cabinet are stocked with about every nice shampoo, conditioner, facial cleanser, deodorant, feminine hygiene product imaginable, but "economizes" in her toilet paper selection. 
My house building blog:

http://n74tg.blogspot.com/

Jens

I went to the Paso Robles West Coast Customs Nationals one year.  I had my hot rod in tow, woke up at the rest stop bright and early, and drove into town.  On the way in, I got hit with the sudden urge to, well, you know.  Pulled off the road, and the only thing I could find in the truck were the heavy duty wet wipes they used to give us at Pac Bell to clean our hands with.  Grabbed em, headed over the little hill, and wouldn't you know it, for some reason there was an outhouse up there!  Luck like that is once in a lifetime, ok, maybe twice...my wife is a really good catch.

:)

MountainDon

Quote from: n74tg on December 31, 2008, 12:05:42 PM
  And yes, there is a roll that stays in the truck too.

Doesn't everyone?  ???   We used a backpack this weekend that hadn't been used in probably a year or more... The only things left in the pockets were a space blanket and a roll of toilet paper in a plastic baggie.   :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Jens

Quote from: MountainDon on December 31, 2008, 10:35:25 PM
Quote from: n74tg on December 31, 2008, 12:05:42 PM
  And yes, there is a roll that stays in the truck too.

Doesn't everyone?  ???   We used a backpack this weekend that hadn't been used in probably a year or more... The only things left in the pockets were a space blanket and a roll of toilet paper in a plastic baggie.   :)

Hope it wasn't the bag of used TP Don!