house framing by Wagner

Started by chrisbrowning, May 26, 2005, 12:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisbrowning

John,

Thank you so much for recommending this book to me. It answered the millions of questions that I had in the back of my mind. It is an awesome book!!!!!!! I was ok with wall framing but roof framing requires "alittle" more know how. And if you have never done it before you not going to see it clearly. Everything makes more sense now and will go thru alot less grief thanks to your recommendation

Jimmy C.

QuoteJohn,

Thank you so much for recommending this book to me. It answered the millions of questions that I had in the back of my mind. It is an awesome book!!!!!!! I was ok with wall framing but roof framing requires "alittle" more know how. And if you have never done it before you not going to see it clearly. Everything makes more sense now and will go thru alot less grief thanks to your recommendation

I agree.
This is a must have for new self builders.
The book "Working Alone" also is a good one to buy.
The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

chrisbrowning

Jimmy,

Thanks for that recommendation too. Who is the author?

"Working alone" sounds like the story of my life.  ;D

ChesterMarcol

QuoteJimmy,

"Working alone" sounds like the story of my life.  ;D

;D

Classic.

Jimmy C.

The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.

chrisbrowning

Golly just the front picture helped. I don't think that I would have thought to carry a piece of plywood with a clamp. Even better yet is two clamps and pulling it up with a rope.

Shelley

If you frequent the Breaktime forum at FHB.com, John Carroll sometimes posts.  Not often, but he watches all the time.  Someone says something stupid and he jumps in.

Never puts anyone down, just pulls them back to the right direction.
It's a dry heat.  Right.

Jimmy C.

QuoteIf you frequent the Breaktime forum at FHB.com,

What is the link?  I went to www.fhb.com and got First Hawaiian bank.

Daddymem

I am not sure if these are right, but I think this is what she meant:

http://forums.taunton.com/tp-breaktime/ <-Link to the Board
http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/index.asp <-Link to the homepage
Où sont passées toutes nos nuits de rêve?
Aide-moi à les retrouver.
" I'm an engineer Cap'n, not a miracle worker"

http://littlehouseonthesandpit.wordpress.com/

Shelley

Yep, that would be it.

www.finehomebuilding.com

Breaktime is where the pros hang out.  They can be a tough crowd.....sometimes.....sometimes they bend over backwards to help someone.

The new mag, Inspired House, has one too.  Can get to it from the same home page.  Think the forum is called "house chat"
It's a dry heat.  Right.